Casa Olea was a really lucky find in unspoilt rural Andalucia. It was and easy drive from Malaga airport with great directions. Beattifully restored, spotlessly clean with large simply furnished rooms,comfortable kingsize beds and generous bathrooms, we happily spent a week here balancing cultural visits to Cordoba and Granada with short sorties to untouristy local towns and villages such as Zagrilla. Priego de Cordoba, Zuheros etc. Nothing was too much trouble for Claire and Tim; a warm welcome, delicious sandwiches and chilled gaspacho for lunch when we were having a lazy day by the sparkling pool with its wonderful view overlooking miles of olive groves to their invaluable local knowledge on everything from the best local walks, restaurants and cafes, food and sights as well as extremely useful advice on visits to the bigger centres about an hour away. Never intrusive but always patiently willing to help you get the most out of their corner of Andalucia. Although there was no obligation at all to eat in we found it difficult to resist the tasty evening meals using fresh local ingredients prepared by Claire [ especially the paella] which were served on the starlit terrace by candlelight and very much enjoyed Tim's different wine recommendations. The highlight of breakfast was the coffee but there was plenty of choice of cereal, juices, muffins, fresh fruit , yoghurts, cheeses and meats and Claire's home made jam. If you wanted more you only had to ask and this was particularly welcome after one of our early morning walks. We really enjoyed the tranquillity of Casa Olea and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba