The initial impression of this unspoilt part of Andalucia is one of a sea of olive groves. Amongst this Tim and Claire have converted the original farm buildings to create an Inn of great charm and character.
Taking our grown up children and friends created a broad constituency to cater for. However Tim and Claire rose to the challenge combining informality, attention to detail,expert local knowledge and good humour which met all our needs.
All our rooms were well appointed, comfortable and clean without being fussy.They benefited from not having the intrusion of the ubiquitous television wi-fi etc, which even our children did not miss.
Evening meals were taken on the terrace watching the sun set over the near by hills. The menus which utilised fresh local produce were well executed with plenty of variety to suit all tastes. Tim's knowledge of Spanish wines led to some interesting new discoveries and his recommendations were a good match for the food.
This part of Andalucia is a quiet backwater and gives a glimpse of the true rural Spain.The national park has a free to roam policy which makes both walking and cycling both varied and challenging the well researched guides that are available make for trouble free excursions. However, going "off piste" can produce some interesting results. The local cafes and restaurants were very welcoming despite our limited vocabulary and even though we did not always know what we had ordered the end result was always enjoyable.Everyone left feeling relaxed and refreshed in no small part due to the unobtrusive care and attention that Tim and Claire provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba