We returned to Casa Olea on 10th March 2012 for 6 nights having had a wonderful experience there in February 2010, shortly after Tim and Claire had opened their doors in late 2009. We knew from the commitment and passion they showed the first time that it would be more than a safe bet for much needed relaxation and recharging. This was our 4th visit to Andalucia so hammering round the sites was not on the agenda this time. For us it was about slowly exploring and taking in more of the local atmosphere. We were treated to fabulous weather for long walks with Ruby (Dog/guide/companion); sighting Eagles and other rare birds on their migration; local restuarants for tasty lunches (particularly La Fuente in Zagrilla Alta where the owner is an absoulute star and should have his own TV show); Claire's great cooking of local seasonal dishes in the evening accompanied by Tim's new finds of the pick of regional wines and Priego di Cordoba's tapas festival. We were supposed to have 2 nights in Malaga on the way home but were so chilled by day 3 that we asked if we could stay 2 more nights, which we did, making it a total of 8!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba