We spent a fantastic two days at Casa Olea exploring the beautiful area and getting a bit stewed on some well-sourced wine and sherry! This carefully restored house reflects the owners' (Claire and Tim) love of Andalucia and their enthusiasm for the local area was infectious! As well as taking a couple of walks in the late afternoon heat, 'herded' by Ruby the dog, we also spent a long day on the bikes leisurely (i.e. stopping regularly) peddling through the olive groves to nearby villages. It was perfect for blowing off the cobwebs and our jobs back home were soon forgotten! Back at la casa, Claire's cooking was wonderful and she effortlessly catered for our often awkward dietary needs! Both Claire and Tim have an amazing knack of being attentive but not intrusive or obsequious; we were made to feel so welcome that we had to fight the impulse to offer to do the washing up!
It was an unforgettable stay, not least because we got engaged whilst there! Not wanting to make a fuss, we sheepishly kept it quiet but by the next evening, fueled by delicious fino, we had blurted out the happy news to our fellow guests who kindly joined us in celebrating with some bubbles thoughtfully popped open by Tim and Claire on the house!
We highly recommend a stay here and second all the positive comments left by other reviewers! We hope to return there soon, at the very least to improve upon the crap drawing I left scribbled in their guestbook!
p.s. On arriving home we cracked open probably the most delicious olive oil we have ever had the pleasure to dip or drown stuff in. DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT SOME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba