After spending over two weeks visiting several cities in Spain, our visit to Casa Olea was the perfect break from all the other tourists. Casa Olea is in a lovely setting among the olive orchards, and the B&B itself is amazing, much in the tradition of the white villages that are nearby. Tim and Claire are the perfect hosts, giving you their full attention when needed. These two Brits have become very much a part of their "neighborhood". As other reviews point out, Claire is an amazing chef. Dinners there were a favorite for me. Tim is a veritible wealth of knowledge of the surrounding areas. One of the best things about staying there is you are "forced" to get to know the other guests. Our first night there we all gathered on the balcony after dinner and swapped travel stories. It's also amazing to know that two couples were going to be spending two weeks there. I think that says a lot about Casa. Another nice thing about staying in this area are the local towns. Anywhere you go, you are going to be one of the very few tourists. No obnoxious peddlers, no tourist stores or kiosks, just the local flavor. I highly recommend going to the Olive Oil Museum in Baen. A couple of euros to get in, but you also have access to some excellent, yet inexpensive, olive oil. Easier and cheaper gift to take back home. Other highlights and bonuses of staying at Casa Olea are: Ruby the hike-leading dog, the refreshing swimming pool/pool area, large, beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, singing birds, quiet, restful nights
Definitely a place to go back to. It enabled us to recharge our batteries before our final push.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba