We live in Murcia, Spain....and every year we go across the border into Andalucia to celebrate my wife's birthday....in August....and over the last 10 years we know the Provence pretty well.
....we live off the beaten track....and we like to be off the beaten track albeit in a different location....just to enjoy another view and experience more of the Spanish culture which we love.
I was drawn to Casa Olea immediately from the reviews.... and it proved just right. The room we had was great....light and airy with air con which we are not used to....the whole house was so clean and airy....tastefully decorated with artefacts from Spain, Africa, and South America....and so clean....
.....the pool was immaculate with plenty of shade and beds for the few residents....and the meals were superb....all locally sourced with plenty of variety.....served on the patio as the sun went down over lovely views....
....Claire went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and happy....and gave us great advice as to places to visit, park and eat etc....in spite of her other half Tim and young son having to be away in the UK at the time. We wish we could have met them!
.....we went just to chill out for a few days....but if you want a quiet central location an hour from Granada, Coroba and so many more places to see in Andalucia....this is it.....enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba