If you like relaxed and unfussy stays in charming resort inns nestled within remarkably beautiful landscapes with complete facilities and extremely likeable hosts, this 'Goldilocks' of Andalucia is for you. It's not too much, it's not too little -- it's just right.
I stayed 4 days in July 2010, on my fourth trip to the Andalucian countryside. I'm a big fan of charming and elegant little independent hotel inns, and I have no doubt I will go back to Casa Olea again.
Set within the 'real Spain' just outside a small village in a river valley, Casa Olea is very easy to find. You can forget your fears of driving along nightmarish, potholed, washed-out dirt tracks on cliff ledges. All the roads from Malaga along the 90-or-so minute drive are clean, clear, new, fast, safe, and very simple to navigate. You arrive to what is essentially a beautiful large house shared with only 6 to 12 other lucky guests in a breathtaking setting. Again, it's just right. Your days can be spent exploring the hundreds of sites and things that have been detailed extensively in so many guidebooks, all within 30-60 minutes drive. Or you can simply remain by the peaceful poolside with a cold drink, a book, the swallows, and sometimes Ruby (the happy canine resident) for company. Your wonderful hosts Tim and Claire not only have the finest tips for all the 'wheres' and 'how-tos' pertaining to every aspect of the area, but their flare for making you feel right at home ensures you look forward to returning at the end of your day. Special mention has to go to Claire's fantastic talent in the kitchen every evening, from which came such delightful meals of local cuisine that it would be impossible to feel as if one were 'missing out' by dining in.
Casa Olea's eco-friendliness was, for me, yet another aspect that was just right -- sensibly low environmental impact in every way, but without sacrificing comfort, charm or convenience.
When everything is just right, there's no reason to stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba