Casa Olea is an absolute gem of a place and is somewhere we would recommend 100%. After reading the outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor and in the national press, my wife and I were very excited about the chance to spend 3 days in Casa Olea and our expectations were understandably high. Having just returned home, it´s fair to say those expectations were exceeded and we cannot wait for the chance to return.
The house stands in the midst of stunning scenary, surrounded by olive trees and alive with birdsong. The building has obviously been lovingly renovated with a great deal of thought having been put in to making the place calm, cosy (an open olive log fire was lit in the evening) and designed to make the guests´stay as relaxed and comfortable as possible.
Tim and Claire are tremendous hosts, expert in making you feel welcome and with a genuine enthusiasm for all the local area has to offer. This was evident in their recommendations about places to visit, bike to, eat at and walk through and in their quest to source and serve the fantastic local produce on offer. Claire´s cooking was amazing with breakfast featuring some fantastic home made preserves and supper including her wonderful paella. Tim´s knowledge of local wines and sherries is second to none and these provided the ideal accompaniment to our evening meals.
During our 3 days in February we took in the fabulous sights of nearby Cordoba, biked through stunning Andalucian villages, relaxed by the pool with a chilled beer, walked though local olive groves, ate and drank incredibly well and slept in absolute comfort in our room which looked out on the mountains in the distance.
It´s hard to think of many places that could offer such a range of great city options - Granada, Cordoba and Seville are all in easy striking distance - with all the pleasures of being in the middle of the countryside. We had a really great time and will be returning very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba