“Lovely food, bit expensive”
Review of Alessi's

Alessi's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Alessi's with my mum, brother and sister for my mum's 50th birthday meal after being recommended to go there by a lot of people. I was warned it was a bit expensive but i didn't mind as it was a nice treat for my mum. The food was lovely and the service was reasonably quick. The desserts were excellent, I loved the lemon sorbet served in a real frozen lemon, that was a brilliant touch! Also I would say if you want to eat here on a Friday or Saturday definitely make a reservation in advance because they get so busy that you'll be waiting a while for a seat due to how popular the place is! Overall it was a great experience and I'm dying to go back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The only true italian family restaurant my husband and I have found always welcoming by all the staff from father sons daughter something we don't often see and great feeling and great atmosphere great food not expensive always very busy so better to book ..

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

First time here we happened upon happy hour which made a meal for four with wine good value.

The pasta dishes were very good, the sauce with Penne Fiorentina really lovely and the cannelloni was declared excellent. Pizza was polished off too and side orders were substantial.

As soon as you're seated you're told about the house wines but we only noticed the happy hour in a small corner on the back of the menu.

The staff are efficient which somewhat loses authentic service and the tables are strangely arranged meaning 4 people were squashed into a corner and there is little room between any of the tables.

A steady stream of customers arrived but somehow it never seemed a lively place just people eating.

Would return as the food is good but probably not for atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

You get the impression that they would prefer you didn't turn up. Wouldn't go back. Pizza was tasteless, better from any pizza shop. The sauce on my chicken could have come out of a jar. Nothing to write home about. Over priced for what it was.

5  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Recommended by our lovely hostess Joan from Alpha Apartment
Had been to the Yorkshire Opera Workshop so feeling Italian food was needed
The service was excellent, the food was very good, the pizza's where delicious
Group of 4 and we would recommended this restaurant Excellent Lovely Christina Alessi was most helpful.