“Excellent service, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alessi's

Alessi's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sedbergh
“Excellent service, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We arrived on spec on a Saturday evening. We expected to wait for a table as it was very busy. Within two minutes we were shown to a table, a drink was provided swiftly and menus produced. These were extensive, but we chose a prawn risotto and spaghetti with prawns, with the intention of sharing the main courses as well as the bruschetta for a starter.

The bruschetta was delicious - fresh tiny tomatoes, fresh herbs, olive oil and garlic all topped off with an olive. Good portions.

Our main courses were really tasty, again a good sized portion.

At a nearby table four young ladies (probably 10 - 11 years old) celebrating a birthday were as well treated as we were.

The whole experience was unexpectedly (sorry Saltburn!) excellent.

Well done and thank you to all at Alessi's.

August 2014

We went back - perhaps that was a mistake. Our meal was not nearly as good and the service was a little patchy. I had the same meal again and it wasn't nearly as good. Never mind - it was still really excellent that first time!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Helen W

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Left disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Thought I would take the kids out for a bite to eat. Turned up was seated quickly kids menu was £5.50 that came with a drink not bad I ordered off the specialist menu a pancake stuffed with chicken and mushroom . But mine was more like hunt the chicken and is the first time I've known a kids portion been bigger than the adults . I paid nearly 10 quid for one pancake with more mushroom than chicken with so much garlic in I couldn't taste much else . I decided to cut my losses and go home very disappointed

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank purplepheonix
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic night !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We went for another meal at Alessi's last night. The service, atmosphere and food was perfect just like normal.
I would recommend this restaurant, I have been here a lot of times now and never had a reason to complain.

1 Thank Rio2103
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The previous time I visited Alessi's I wasn't massively impressed - it has definitely improved!

Staff were pleasant and attentive. Our food was tasty - the fries were really nice! I had a Topo Gigio pizza which I enjoyed. My pannacotta could have been better, but my friends enjoyed the chocolate torte.

Prices were good, we split the bill equally between 5 (all of us having mains, sides, dessert and drinks) and everyone paid under £20 which is really reasonable.

Perhaps I caught them on a bad day last time - if this better service continues I'll definitely be back!

1 Thank vp217
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Italian ??? six months on and even worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

After a more than disappointing visit earlier in the year, last saturday i returned from work to find my wife had booked us a table to go out and eat as we had friends visiting (alessi,s--my heart sank- but i said nothing).
on arrival -- staff in the reception area but ignored for 5 mins -- we ordered our requests for starters and mains-- the girls ordered aubergine parmasan which was very tasty, unfortunately not so with the tuna & butter bean salad. tinned tuna-tinned butter beans-very thick sliced onions- no seasoning-no vinegaret bland & unprofessional is the best comment i can make on this culinary foe-par but worst of all was that on one at any time asked if things were ok even as our plates were cleared even though both my friend and i had eaten very little.
Things were not much better with the mains, two pizza,s that were so scant of toppings it was a bit of a joke to give them any title other than mageretta with sprinkles but the two fillet steaks cosa nostra were in a sauce that contained tinned mushrooms-- tinned tomato & a very non discript brandy sauce (unbelievable for the most expensive item on the menu) accompanied by a very tired salad and sad chipped potatoes, once again no one asked how our meal was.
In fact the only time we had any attentive staff was at the end of the meal when two people could not wait to clear our plates, glasses, cutlery : to reset our table unfortunately once again no comment on our meal even as we settled the bill------- if i had not been with friends i would defiantly complained.
So in a nut shell things have not improved with the food and have got worse on the service

• Visited July 2014