“Great food”

Price range: US$13 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went there for a group meal, and was impressed by their standard of both food and service.
A new (ish) tenancy I believe, maybe been there a year?? Anyhow, from the moment we stepped in the door we were made to feel welcome and at home.
The ordering of food went well, and the delivery was brilliant. I enjoyed my meal sufficient enough to come on here and review....give this a try, you won't be disappointed......we are kind of local to there and will be visiting again.......

1  Thank Kimbers358

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I went with a small group of work friends as we had been told that the food was really good and thought we would try something new. We were given a lovely welcome and even though we had a table booked,which was set up, the friendly landlord and lady didn't rush us through to our table but let us go in when we were ready. We all went for the Thursday night special 2 steak dinners for £20 and we weren't disappointed, the whole meal was fantastic. If you want quick warmed up in a microwave food, this place is not for you. Having read some of the other comment that slate the place (reading between the lines friends of the old landlord) and (stuck up snobs, that don't like children) I feel these are unjust, the couple said they have only recently took it on and it does need a bit of decorating doing, but it had a lovely warm atmosphere and was extremely clean, which is much more important to me. Will be going back and have already started recommending the place, to meat eaters, vegans, vegetarians and food lovers alike.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place has fairly new owners who are providing both traditional pub food but are also catering very well for those with dietary requirements. Im vegan and went on a Sunday lunch time and they made me a risotto while my partner had the cavery it was great. Even better for me they held a veggie/vegan buffet night last Friday where over 50% of the options were vegan all the food was really good. Value for money was excellent at only £5 each, my omnivore boyfirend really enjoyed it to. The real fire is very cosy too

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a lovely place to eat and drink. We have been there several times and are quite demanding veggies- and so are our family and friends! Staff helpful and food just right. Will make this a regular place to eat

Reviewed 19 May 2013

When I first arrived, the new managers Mark and Lyn were keen to introduce themselves and we had a lovely chat as I had a drink at the bar. Even though it's May, there was still a chill in the air, and the open fire made all the difference. It was so cosy that I stayed longer than I'd intended. Considering the management is so new, considerable changes have been made in a very short space of time, including how warm and cosy the bar is now. Mark and Lyn listen to what the customer wants and I noticed they have added turkey to the Sunday roast as well as beef and pork. The Sunday roast was lovely, so was the steak and chips I had earlier. I loved that the food was cooked from fresh - the chips were delicious and it was great to eat proper food that wasn't covered in grease. I found the portions really generous and reasonably priced.
It was lovely to speak to the new management and hear of all their plans for The Grapes. I really look forward to visiting again.