“Excellent restaurant”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I visted this restaurant last week, with another couple. We visited on Thursday evening booking a table for 8:00 pm. We were advised that Fridays are usually fully booked and early booking is neccessary to ensure you get a table. The staff, mostly young women, were extremely friendly, polite and helpful. The food on the whole was gorgeous. We had 3 courses, including a couple of rounds of drinks and the bill came to about £35 each with a tip. Not one of us left anything on our plates which is indicative of how much we enjoyed the food. The only course I didn't really enjoy was the starter of King scallops. They were quite cold and had a horrible texture. I don't think they were King scallops and they tasted as if they had been frozen? However I can not fault the rest of the meal. I had one of the specials, rump of lamb, with a potato fondant and Haggis Jus on a bed of wilted spinach and it was delicious. The lamb literally melted in my mouth. The two men had steaks which they said were gorgeous and came with a big bowl of delicious home made chips. My friend had cajun cod with chorizo and pasta, she said it was quite spicy and very tasty. Although I only had icecream for dessert, it was gorgeous banoffi flavour and I would definitely have it again. My friends had blueberry cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding. All the desserts were very generous in size and again none of us could fault them. We have visited King Grill several times, have always thoroughly enjoyed it and will be returning again. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We managed to get a reservation to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the night out put the icing on the cake. We just love the ambience, the chill out factor, the variety on the menu and the service. The food itself was beautifully cooked and presented with all the fine details that makes the dishes look so scrumptious. Another winner, well done!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visiting the area on Friday decided to try The Kings Grill. We were very impressed. The food was of high quality and the service was excellent, We will visit again when back in Saltburn.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been twice now. The first time was a week night and when the restaurant was closed but we still had a beautiful meal sat in the front bar area. My boyfriend has been a few times before but this was my first visit. Neither of us were disappointed and agreed to visit again on a night when we could have the proper menu.

The second visit together was a Friday night. We were not booked and both rooms were full. We were always going to have a drink anyway but very kindly the young man who met us said he could rearrange some tables and take us straight through. The restaurant is beautiful and honestly we felt a bit underdressed but never the less we were treated with the highest standards. All staff are attentive and professional and never once showed any signs of rushing us or being rushed at all.

The menu and specials cover all types so everyone will find something even if they're pregnant and fussy like me! Both of us have our own preferences so had completely different things. My boyfriend had the squid to start which was presented beautifully and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The noodle salad was the perfect amount too. For main course he again ordered from the specials menu and again the meal was beautiful and another clean plate. I ordered the chicken from the grill menu and it was expertly cooked and presented. The chicken was moist and served with a whole cooked tomato and large flat mushroom (I adore mushroom).

We declined dessert because we were genuinely full and didn't want to spoil a fantastic meal by over eating. Altogether though the drinks, meal and general experience was exceptional and not expensive for what we had. All the staff are lovely and we cannot find fault at all. It definitely on the list for taking friends from now on.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary,beautiful meal and pleasant surroundings.Staff lovely,pork starter according to my husband was the best he had ever tasted,quality of all the food was excellent.