“uninspired room”

The Waves Restaurant
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The main problem i have is inconsistency in food quality & service, that seems to stem from the ever changing management,staff & chefs.
I do hope this will be sorted by the new team as this hotel and restaurant are located on one of the most beautiful parts of saltburn.
the "restaurant" is more of a room with tables.

I much prefer the ground floor dinning area with its vista of the bay

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Booked lunch in conservatory as had such a nice time two years ago
Arrived and was promptly told not in conservatory which we complained then put in conservatory
Lunch arrived pie was hard and unable to eat it
Main course was unable to see it on plate
Again gad to complain they brought us more burned vegetables
Will not be returning any time soon

1  Thank Julia J
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I went for a meal and found that the renovation that had been completed was very good; we were met by the staff and taken to our table that had a fantastic view of the bay. The waitress/waiter service was very efficient and friendly, the menu choice had a good variety. We informed the staff that my wife needed a gluten free diet and the chef accommodated by tailoring her meal to her needs. The food was to a high standard and the potions where big. As my wife and I had married here five years ago we asked if we could view the room and the staff accommodated us with our request. Overall the staff where very pleasant, polite and efficient and the food was extremely nice. We will eat there again. Thanks to all the staff.