The lady on reception was very helpful and took us to our room. The room was very dark and cool, very spacious but was in need of a deep clean, the floor did not feel very clean. The beds were comfortable, plenty of clean towels and the mini fridge was ideal for chilling water and wine. Our terrace was a little small because we had an end room but it overlooked the tennis courts and was so quiet and peaceful. we only had 1 chair but once I notified reception a chair was delivered to our room. Breakfast was average. Dining room overlooked the mountains, the view was beautiful. The pool area was nice but there was an obvious shortage in sunbeds. We used the restaurant a couple of times in the evenings, the food was of a good standard and very reasonable including the local wine. The staff were very attentive.
We had a hire car so found the location of the hotel ideal, so quiet surrounded by the mountains but only a short drive from the beautiful city and other attractions of North Sardinia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and run by the Vargiu family, the hotel is located in Tempio Pausania, in Sardinia, one short kilometer from the town center. Immersed in the peace and quiet of Gallura's wooded countryside, Pausania Inn is an ideal base from which to explore many destinations in Northern Sardinia, and it is especially suited to visitors who are looking to enjoy a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of seaside resorts. Surrounded by lush Mediterranean vegetation (including cork oaks, myrtle, and lentisk), the hotel greets you with stunning views of the Mountains of Aggius. Pausania Inn comprises 60 air-conditioned rooms, simple and unfussy, but furnished with care; some have a private little garden or a balcony. On arrival at the hotel, you will immediately be delighted by the beautiful views from its common areas. In the large lobby, you will find books by local authors describing the Sardinian heritage, maps and brochures for you to take, and a charming display of costumes, masks, textiles and other local crafts. On site there is a bar, a restaurant specialized in regional and national cuisine, a panoramic terrace, and a nice outdoor swimming pool. The hotel also has a tennis court, and a large parking area, which can accommodate up to 150 cars, as well as big tour buses. Friendly atmosphere, attention to detail, discretion and dedication to hospitality are our trademarks. The beauty and tranquility of the surrounding countryside, as well as the warm welcome and the attentive service of our staff, will make your holiday with us a source of many cherished memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pausania Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pausania Hotel Tempio Pausania
- Pausania Inn Tempio Pausania, Sardinia