Back for 2 more weeks in the last half of March, and having spent a month there so far this year, I would be happy to return again soon. The 5 star rating I am giving this time has little to do with the physical buildings (although I do appreciate the oversized rooms) and everything to do with the way this place makes me feel.
This time I managed to jump on a Sunwing flight that was departing at noon, so I finally got to really see the countryside on the way there.
The ocean was noticeably warmer than in January with a flat surface that allowed for great snorkeling. The weather was perfect until the last 2 days with full sun and hot temperatures. I took many trips out to the reefs this time, by catamaran and dive boat. It never gets old since the crew was aware of where I'd already been and made sure we went to a new spot.
I hope Cova doesn't feel the need to grow larger, but just to enhance what's already there. I also am hoping the plans for development of more properties in the area never pan out. It's a miracle in the middle of nature with the staff creating a tropical paradise for us to enjoy. And the staff – what can I say that hasn't been said before? They are all family and friends from Puerto Padre and nearby Delicias, and that is why the atmosphere is so special and unlike anywhere else I've been.
To my Cova friends - enjoy your various pursuits during the closure in the coming months. I wish all of you the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Covarrubias is a cozy and intimate beachfront resort located on a long stretch of secluded beach with the same name in the north coast of Las Tunas province in Cuba. The soft powdery sand combined with hues of turquoise and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounded by a coral reef makes the beach at Covarrubias one of the most breathtaking beaches in Cuba. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Covarrubias Hotel Puerto Padre
- Resort All Inclusive Covarrubias
- Brisas Covarrubias Hotel Cuba/Puerto Padre