We had a great time & loved every minute we were there. I will itemize my experience:
ROOM: I booked an ocean view & that's exactly what we got. The room was literally just steps away from the beach & the Rachon. Unfortunately the balcony door was broken & had a big gap (Literally!). I had to improvise & cover it so bugs & creatures won't get in. We asked to be moved but neither Front desk nor Management got back to us & we never got transferred. Nonetheless our chambermaid made sure it was clean so I sucked it up for the rest of the trip. Our hotel phone randomly rings usually early in the morning & when we answer it's just dead air. We told Front desk & all they could tell us is to unplug the phone, apparently we were not the only ones. The room decor was outdated & comparable to an 80's decor but that didn't faze me.
BEACH: Total paradise! White sand although there were parts that were a bit rocky & patches of seaweeds. We didn't have to fight for a spot since it was low season. No sandflies but a lot of ants & they bite!
FOOD: As expected in Cuba. Despite being the low season we had choices. Breakfast had omelet station, breads, cold cuts, french toast, fresh fruit smoothies/juice. Lunch & dinner had more choices of beef, chicken & fish. There was a Pasta station too. Take note that flies are present so get the oral vaccine, Dukoral, for a more pleasant experience. I personally loved the food & had no problems.
HOTEL: Typical resort hotel. It was well kept by the gardeners & cleaners. Very clean everywhere. As for mosquitos, they smoked the front area, around the restaurant & pool bar twice a day at dusk & dawn.
STAFF: They are the heart & treasure of this hotel. They make your stay so pleasant that you don't want to leave. They are very appreciative of the gifts you bring & they never ask for anything. Try to tip if you can.
DISTANCE FROM AIRPORT: Two hours from Holguin airport. We were picked up by a taxi & our Sunwing agent. It was a very pleasant ride.
Overall I would definitely go back. I had an awesome time. Please message me if you have questions about this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Covarrubias is a cozy and intimate beachfront resort located on a long, secluded beach of the same name on the north coast of the province of Las Tunas in Cuba. The soft powdery sand combined with shades of turquoise and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounded by a coral reef makes Covarrubias beach one of the most impressive beaches in Cuba. Ideal place for diving, located in zone of impressive marine fauna. It has in all its areas of service internet connection wifi. Its rooms are characterized by a high standard of size, very comfortable that will make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brisas Covarrubias Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Covarrubias Hotel Puerto Padre
- Resort All Inclusive Covarrubias
- Brisas Covarrubias Hotel Cuba/Puerto Padre