“A good conference hotel”

Nova Park Conference
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Knivsta
Koping, Sweden
“A good conference hotel”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed two nights at this very conveniently located conference hotel for a kick-off business meeting.The building (architecture) is quite mundane but the service and food were excellent. The spa facility is quite good--helps a lot after an absorbing conference day. I wish gym had a longer opening hours. There are many options for conferences near greater Stockholm area and this one is certainly not as spectacular as many others but this one means business and only a few can beat it connectivity-wise either from road (E4) or air (Arlanda). I recommend it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with king-size beds even if you're alone. I had a 90-cm wide bed in my room an...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sanjay V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kiruna, Sweden
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in November for a conference. Nice room with comfy bed and a welcoming teddy bear, bathrobe and slippers on the bed. Over all clean and friendly staff. I didn't use the spa but it looked nice and inviting. Breakfast offers most of what you can wish for in a Swedish hotel, both hot and cold dishes.

On the downside is the location. It is very easy to reach to conference centre from Arlanda airport since the bus stops right outside but if you want to catch the bus for Knivsta you have to cross the road, walk a very dark (atleast in the night or late afternoon) path way and then cross the road again and walk back a bit. Not very good.

Also if one wants to take a walk before dinner the neighbourhood is not very inviting mostly industrial buildings and roads all around.

So very good if you just would like to stay in and very close to conference centre, not so good if you expect some kind of outdoor activities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Chania_Endaxi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is a standard rather uninspiring conference hotel with hardly any grounds to walk round & a very small pool. However the restaurant is excellent and they handled a wide range of requests quickly and with imagination. The staff were helpful and overall it is good value

• Stayed September 2013
Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here for conference reasons and this hotel is wel suited for conferences. Near the highway to Stockholm it is not close to a town or city, so there's no entertainment in walking distance. Despite the dullness of the location, the room I had was clean and the kitchen was a pleasant surprise. The meals were truly excellent, not something you expect in a place like this.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Avon, CT
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Previous reviewer may have stayed in a different class of rooms than I. I have stayed here about three times for business with a colleague who lives nearby and I prefer it to the places I have stayed in Uppsala.

I have never used the bus to the hotel, but have taken a taxi, which should be on the order of 350 SEK. If you are coming from the airport make sure you agree on a set fee in advance with the cabbie and push for no more than 350, they will try to take your for 400 or more. On the way back to the airport, the set fee from Knivsta was 320 SEK.

That the hotel is so close to the airport and does not run a shuttle is the first indicator that they cater to more of a local clientele. The place really is focused mainly on conference groups that stay over and they are not really focused on individual guests.

For instance, the restaurant menu is rather limited because the overwhelming majority of their trade is set menus for large conference groups. Each time I have stayed there, the dining room has been full with large groups of people and I have been the only lone diner. Food was good and the breakfast is your basic buffet of breads, meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurt, and some powdered eggs/bacon and is included in the rate.

They apparently offer laundry service. There were laundry bags in my room, but no form to fill out with costs, etc. When I went to the desk to ask for one, the receptionist leafed through a couple of books of forms but couldnt find anything. She was apologetic and said "just bring it down in the morning with a note in the bag with your name and room information and we can sort it out....we are a conference hotel and our guests never really stay long enough to ask for laundry". I washed my shirt in the sink rather than risk it, lol.

The lobby and the restaurant ares are very nicely done. There is a "club room" style room off of the main lobby with leather couches and chairs, game boards, etc, where there is always a coffee and candy service available.

The room areas, however are nothing to write home about and, I think, need some renovation.
In each case, I have stayed in a single room with a full size bed. The room is a touch on the small side, but not too bad. Decor is a bit plain and out of date. Small writing desk and chair, small chair to relax in. Some hanging closet space, a few shelves and a safe for storage.

The bed is reasonably comfortable (pillows are thin and unsupportive). There is no AC...not really necessary in Scandinavia, lol, but this can be a bit of a problem if your room faces the nearby highway and you need to leave the window open....lots of road noise. Ask for a room on the wing that is, if you are looking at the hotel, to the right side of the property, it backs up to woods.

The bathroom is ok, with a decent amount of counter space, if you require it. However, there are no bathtubs in the hotel (I have been told) and the showers are about the size of phone booth. I'm not the smallest person, but I would like to be able to reach above my head with out smashing my elbows into the walls or bend over to wash my feet without having to jam my backside out the door, lol.

The rooms (and the hotel as a whole) have always been spotless in my eperience.

One interesting feature of the hotel is that they have a "water lounge" area that is really a gem. In this spa area there are rooms in which massage can be sheduled, mens and womens changing areas with showers and steam saunas, and a really lovely pool area (for relaxing, not laps, too small) with a large hot tub, beautiful pool, and a fireplace with a lounge area. There is also a dry sauna. Below this room is an ice bar. outside, there is an outdoor hot tub and a teepee shaped sauna. There will be an attendant that can serve drinks, water, fruit, etc.

I have used this room in the past for a day fee of on the order of 20Euro or so. Its a gem...but I just don't get the operating philosophy. I was there through the weekend and expected to spend most of my day in there on a Saturday. When I went to the desk to use it they told me it was closed. I was told it was only open on Monday and Tuesday! This seemed like BS to me since I know I had used it in the past on a weeknight midweek. The reality, I believe, is that none of the conference groups in the hotel had booked the room and they were unwilling to open it up just for a single guest to use.

I was really disappointed as I only wanted to soak several days of travel out of my bones in the hot tub before I got on my plane back to the States. I had just spent about 6 hours a day in cars for the past 3 days and my back was a wreck. I also know that locals like to use it for weekend getaways in the winter. I aksed again as I checked out for clarification on the hours and was told again that it was only open on Monday and Tuesday and sometimes on the weekend....seems backward to me.

Seeing as the Water Lounge was the real reason I booked the hotel, I was pretty ticked off and will likely not stay again unless I will be there on a Monday or Tuesday....or I will call ahead to make sure the Lounge will be open on the days i will be there. I really do think the receptionist was just feeding me a line to shut me up.

The perplexing thing is that

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank biztrav123
spain
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is about 15km from Arlanda, by local bus (801, 50 Kr trip, just outside terminal). The Hotel is very nicely decorated, very classic, with all the amenities (coffee maker, free wifi, LCD TV, etc.). Stayed overnight after a long flight, instead of going all the way to Stockholm.
The hotel is outside Knivsta, very isolated (next to a gas station); but local buses (180 if I remember correctly) can take you to Knivsta train station in 5 min and there you can take the train (coming from Uppsala) to Stockholm; this option is quicker than going back to the Airport and taking the train there. Overall it should be a 3.5, good, but I guess, you can consider it a 4 "very good" depending on the purpose of your stay (1 night after/before late/early flight).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank acisclo71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knivsta
Hotell Anstalten
Krusenberg Herrgard
#8 of 19 in Uppsala
Sigtuna Stadshotell
#3 of 6 in Sigtuna

Been to Nova Park Conference? Share your experiences!