Sometimes it is not prudent to make a review of a small family owned hotel, when it is so good as Kollers Hotel, as one might not be able to get a reservation, due to an increased popularity.
However, we just spend the Christmas at Kollers Hotel, and it was so faboulous, that i can't deny myself to praise Kollers Hotel in the highest terms.
What makes this Hotel so unique among the many hotels we have stayed at in Austria is how the friendlieness and hospitality of the Koller Family is reflected in every details and member of the staff here. It starts from the delicous breakfast with themes over the wonderful creations of their chef de cuisine to the attentive staff all over the hotel.
As we expatriates, we wanted to find a hotel close to our current location, and found the very postive reviews of Kollers Hotel. First of all, the positive reviews reflects in all perspectives (or better) the reality - it is truly a 4 star superior hotel.
We booked 5 days vacation over Christmas including breakfast and dinner. The main part of the hotel seems to be just renovated in wonderful light colours, and our room (although small) was very tasteful decorated including a very comfortable bed and a balcomy facing the lake.
The absolute highlights of the hotel is:
1. The large breakfast buffet with freshly squeezed Juice, Fresh baked bread and made-to-order egg-dishes. Everyday the breakfast changes the themes(from Italian, Carinthean and Gourmet/champagne Breakfast). The breakfast is simply better than i have experienced at the larger 5 star major hotel chains and more tasteful.
2. Our Dinner was every evening at the level close to a michelin star. I do not know where they found a chef that can present 5 days in a row to prepare such delicous meals with such a variety. At the end of our stay we got the Chefs own Cookbook as a present. Surely we will try to recreate this dishes at home.
3. The Wellness area. Althoug the indooor pool is quite small and the outdoor pool was closed, we enjoyed the sauna and relaxing area at the lake, where there is a heated area of the lake where you can swim even at minus temperature outside.
Overall this is definately a place we will come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koller's Hotel is an informally controlled four star superior hotel. It is with about 8,000 m² in the best situation directly on the sunny shore of Lake Millstatter See, quietly and centrally in the village Seeboden. Elegant rooms & suites in noble design with fine materials, warm wall colours (farrow & ball) and well-chosen accessories offer a lot of comfort and the best view on the lake and the surrounding mountains. Luxury boathouse suite "Riva" with open chimney and private steam bath directly above the water. Culinary great pleasures – breakfast buffet on the sunny hotel terrace; 6 course gourmet dinners, gala dinners, dinner for 2 ® in the lake! Koller's Spa & Wellness – generously and noble: spa suite de luxe, Indoor pool, out door pool, sauna, Laconium, fitness and exercise room, wellness coach, competent beauty treatments. wonderful beach, wooden footbridges, sunbathing area, comfortable sun benches, island. Sauna cube directly at the lake, panorama relaxing room with open chimney, all-year bathing in the heated lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH so you can book your KOLLER's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.