“Beautiful view overlooking Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) and Lutry harbour”

Hotel Lakeview Le Rivage
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lutry
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view overlooking Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) and Lutry harbour”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is a lovely hotel and is the first place we stayed at in Lutry. We now stay with family. We stayed a few years' ago now but the restaurant has been overhauled in the last few years and we often have meals there or just drinks. You can sit outside on the terrace under the trees, overlooking Lutry harbour with the boats bobbing up and down. We had a room overlooking the lake which was lovely and we asked to see the room last time we were there and the room had been completely overhauled. I was ill when we stayed there (I came over from England with a chest infection), I could not visit the family the first evening as I was unwell and stayed in bed. The kitchen made me some onion soup and the staff looked out for me until the family came down to sit with me. The restaurant itself has a Swiss Auberge style and the meals (both breakfast and supper) are of excellent value. We have been seated outside and inside and both are equally good. I can recommend the restaurant and the food. There is a playgrround and ice-rink nearby, close to the primary school on the lake. You can pick up one of the ferries here which will take you along the Swiss side of the lake or across to Evian. You can see Evian from the hotel windows and the mountains which are beautiful in the Spring, Summer and Winter. The staff are very friendly and there is wifi in the hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel and its restaurant. Just along the lake there is a swimming area in the lake. There is a co-operate supermarket up the hill (walking distance) and a post office also. Lutry has some very pretty shops and also a lovely Church in the centre.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the lake which is so beautiful and I thought very romantic. I have a pict...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I've stayed in this hotel on two business travels in April-May 2012. Both times I had a spacious room with a great view on the lake. The rooms are well equipped and practically new and have nice calm design. The bathroom had a walk-in rain shower and had a great supply of L'Occitane toiletries.
Both times I had dinner in the restaurant downstairs. The food was good, however the menu is in French only.
The hotel is easy reachable from Lutry train station in around 10 minutes by foot.

On my occasional travels to Lausanne I would have really liked to stay again in this hotel, however the hotel no longer offers that attractive spring price of 130-140 swiss francs for a single room. Unfortunately they are back to their standard 180-200 swiss francs, which is my only disappointment.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

i have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. the view from the room across the lake to Evian is seconf to none. the village of Lutry is ancient and the wines from the region fantastic.
dinner on the terrace is a must and there is the Cafe de Post next door who do the best Filet du Perch in the area.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel a view days with our kids. The room on top floor with view on the lake was spacious enough for the four of us. Weather was great, so we only came in to sleep, after we enjoyed the great view at night. The playground nearby was very much appreciated by the kids and so we had a relaxed time too. We cannot think of any negative aspect to our stay... Other than that we did not want to leave!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had an amazing room, wood floors, balcony facing the lake and a really large bathroom. I'd give the room a 5. It's not too far from the train station (at least we felt that). Coming from the train station is mostly downhill. Both me and my wife had carryon wheeled luggage plus a backpack and were able to manage it in 7 minutes. Going to the translation of course is uphill but we still managed that fine and caught the train within 10 minutes of leaving the hotel.

The location is great because it's right across from the ferry dock which you can take to go to chillon castle, montreux, Lausanne etc. the restaurant itself is okay. Maybe it's what we ordered but I thought it was just okay.

The service I must say was quite poor however. We sort of expected that from the prior reviews so we set our expectations accordingly. When my wife asked for some local info like where we can go nearby or the boat schedule or map, we were told that all that will be prepared and delivered to our room. There was something in the tone of the guy that indicated to me that he was just saying that to get rid of us. Indeed we never got any such information. The next morning we enquiries again, it was a different person, a lady this time but her attitude was even worst. She simply said no she doesn't know (with a smile) and didn't offer anything else after that. There was a young lady (a different one) the following day who was a bit more helpful but we were checking out at that point so it didn't matter.

On our 2nd day when we were at breakfast which supposedly closes at 10 (consists of a buffet style, cereals, breads, juices etc. no eggs) had practically no service. The woman in the restaurant started packing away the items around the time we started to eat and we still had half an hour. We had to rush to pick up a couple of things and a good thing that we did because they were taken away within a minute. This we felt was a bit bad mannered and rude.

I'd still give this a 4 rating because everything else was just great that we decided to overlook this but I do sincerely hope that they do some thing about their service and attitude or maybe it's because we didn't speak much French :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robotduck
Deidesheim, Germany
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Rooms are on the small side. It did rain when we arrived and there was no space to hang our wet jackets - so we used the shower.
Switzerland isn't cheap, so we didn't expect a bargain.
But the location is lovely and it's ok to be in a small room for 2 nights.
Did like the breakfast room with view over the lake and Lutry is very romantic.
The renovation was done to a very high standart. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We did ask for an extra blanket and 3 minutes later the receptionist came to our room.
I would go back if I do get a good rate

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
kateywheel
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel after deciding to not stay at a chain hotel in Lausanne. We got a great last minute rate- I am SO happy we decided to change hotels. Hotel Le Rivage is beautiful- we had room 31 which is a smaller attic room. The view of lake Geneva is spectacular and the decor of the room is perfect- exposed wood beams and beautiful colors. The bathroom is awesome- full shower with great water pressure. I honestly can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel- highly recommend.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutry
Hotel Lavaux
Auberge de la Gare
#1 of 1 in Grandvaux
Angleterre & Residence Hotel
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind

Been to Hotel Lakeview Le Rivage? Share your experiences!