“Poor eating experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Langostinos Brasserie SteakHouse & Grill
Ranked #38 of 148 Restaurants in Llanelli
Price range: US$25 - US$54
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Poor eating experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Meals were served without usual garnishes and eyecatching.appeal.my main meal of lamb shank was overcooked and dry and was left on plate. Two other family members had Luke warm meals and were not seasoned. My daughters meal of sea bass I was told was cooked just right. The power in the restaurant and kitchen was intermittently cutting out. This could have been the problem with the poor quality of food that we received. Usually go here for a celebratory meal but will not be returning

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Heather G

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“Bizzare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked this place through tripadvisor based on its reviews and great looking menu (my wife planned to have the lobster). Alarm bells started ringing when I asked what beers they had and the waitress replied: "What?" I asked again to which she said that she didn't know and would have to ask. My wife ordered a glass of the house wine to be told they only served wine by the bottle. She didn't fancy getting drunk (much to my dissapointment) and asked for a glass of tap water. The waitress came back listing all the beers (including cider) they had and serving my wife a glass of liquid that tasted like dish water. My wife ordered beer as she was getting quite thirsty by this point. There was no lobster on the menu (that btw looked nothing like the menu on web site) and an explanation was given that their menu changed quite frequently. Fair enough. We then asked if they had any specials that night (it being a Saturday), the waitress replied: "I don't know, would you like me to ask in the kitchen?" Yes please!!! No specials. OK - we ordered 3 tapas and two starters as we didn't fancy any of the main dishes. Tapas were ok. When the waitress came to take our plates away and replace them with clean ones, I brought to her attention that our (oversized) wine glasses were still on our (small) table and would she please remove them as neither of us were drinking wine. She left without the glasses, two plates stacked on top of each other in front of my wife and no plate (or knife) before me. My wife then pointed out that our waitress was clearly complaining to her friend about us in her full view which led to us getting a new waitress :) She asked me if I wanted a clean knife :) By this time my wife and I were laughing out loud as we felt like we were dining at Faulty Towers! Starters were average - nice prawn cocktail, shame about the pre-buttered pieces of bread - two of which tasted like they were dipped in vinegar. My wifes smoked salmon was OK, not so the already squeezed out wedge of lime that came with it. We had a quick look at the sweets menu but felt it was time to leave. My wife got her visa card out and we were told that if we wanted to use a card we would have to come over to the bar/nightclub(!!!) area as their card machine didn't work in the restaurant (??). We asked about the wine by the glass (as we spotted 2 tables having a glass of wine on their table,not a bottle) only to be told that they sold their house wine by the glass! That is what my wife tried (and failed) to order. Maybe our first waitress was new? No, she has worked there for over a month. BASIL!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Although this restaurant doesn't look much from the outside, it is very different inside. The décor is tasteful, light and clean. The menu is comprehensive, with a good choice of starters and main meals. We didn't look at the sweet menu, so I can't comment. We were a group of 10, with quite a wide taste. Everyone was very satisfied with the quality and quantity. The service was very good, and we didn't have to wait long for the starter to arrive. Thursday night is steak night, and the quality of the Welsh Black steaks was excellent. My steak was done exactly to my liking, and with home made chips, this was one of the best steaks I've had for a while. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and it's well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best restaurant for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

You really can't beat this restaurant, there is nothing of the same quality this side of Cardiff. The staff are friendly the food is amazing and the wines are high quality. They even impressed my parents who have recently retired from their own eatery, my mother especially being the biggest perfectionist when it comes to food had no criticism for this place! Try it out!

Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have eaten there on numerous occasions - both in daytime and evening, as a couple, family and with groups. Never disappointed.! Service is excellent - food delicious - and never rushed to vacate table, which is nice especially on a Saturday night, like some restaurants do. Lovely decor and seating. Thanks to all the staff and management - will definitely eat there again and look forward to our next visit !

• Visited June 2014