“overnight stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“overnight stay”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

just had a lovely overnight stay, it was a shame that they had a function on as we had to have a bar meal, we were offered a free bottle of wine which was awful, we ended up not drinking it which is unusual for me. breakfast was good and we spent a lovely morning relaxing in the spa.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and i stayed on a living social deal on a much needed break , on arrival the manager was there to greet us he made us feel very welcome,the room was spotless,also the pool area , we dined in the restaurant the food was very good and the breakfast also ,the staff were friendly,we had a great weekend and would recommend the hotel ,and look forward to going again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My main problem was with the Restuarant. I spent nearly £50 for a single person to have a meal and for that I expected a lot more. My starter was muscles and although a finger bowl was provided. I had no bowl for my discarded shells. The sauce also contained a lot of broken shell pieces. My £21.50 Steak arrived cooked Medium instead of medium rare and I had asked for a different potatoe option (Daphenous potatoe instead of chips). When my meal arrived I was presented with a plate of chips and no apology or explanation as to why. Normally this meal would have been adequate however for almost £50 I expected and have received a lot better.

Secondly although my room was large enough and clean and tidy. My remote control for the tv did not work. When returning to my room at 11pm for 30 mins of tv to wind down for the evening that's the last thing you want. Small thing but massive inconvenience

• Stayed February 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I recently spent the day in the spa at the Diplomat, which I must say I thoroughly enjoyed. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a lovely young lady who introduced herself and gave me a tour of the facilities. I have been on many spa days where staff just can't be bothered to simply give a proper welcome. The whole point of a spa day for myself is to feel comfortable and just relax away from my busy work life. I was very impressed that the same young lady was looking after myself and the other customers in such a professional manner. The pool was being checked for I assume cleanliness on numerous occasions throughout the day and the spa was kept looking lovely and clean. I received exactly what I payed for which was a relaxing day. Best regards to the Diplomat hotel spa.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Sashaandzoe
diplomathotelwales, Manager at Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01554 756156.

83428 Property
Mrs G McDonald - Director
BEST WESTERN Diplomat Hotel & Spa
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Customer service was outstanding, the reception team were extremely accommodating and demonstrated immense flexibility. We changed our booking 3 times in the run up to NYE. From the cocktails on arrival, the table presentation and location, the service, food and entertainment and the whole event was outstanding. Fat Barry rocked the joint and there were other options for entertainment too (duo in the lounge area). No request was too much trouble and all in all the event was great value for money. I have already recommended this hotel to all of my colleagues, family and friends. Look forward to coming back to try other events.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

83428 Property
Mrs G McDonald - Director
BEST WESTERN Diplomat Hotel & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanelli
Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
Three Rivers Hotel
Three Rivers Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ferryside
Premier Inn Llanelli Central East Hotel

Been to Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!