“You get what you pay for”

Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Not bad at all given that we stayed on a very good value Living Social deal (£89 for two nights I think). Good points included the small spa and pool which was lovely, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It's always nice to stay somewhere which has a bar and a bit of character, so although the decor was dated it had its charm.

Our room was pretty small and the bathroom had those nasty polystyrene ceiling tiles, but the bed was comfy and the tv worked well. The room was above the bar and therefore pretty noisy, particularly on the Friday night when there was a function which involved a lot of very very drunk people singing very loudly between about 3 and 5.30am. Oh and drumming, not sure why the management had some large drums in the bar but they were certainly put to good use as the sun rose over Llanelli. If you like no sleep and close harmony singing this might not be a problem, but it was unfortunate for us to say the least.

We ate in the restaurant on the Friday night (before the choir recital started) and thought the food was very good, if a little expensive. Breakfast was included in the price and was very nice and freshly cooked to order.

All in all I wouldn't rush back but we still had a lovely weekend and it was a good deal for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good friendly hotel, wifi slow though. Friendly staff. Good leisure facilities. Dated deor in hotel itself but rooms modern and large. Fantastic breakfast. Would cetainly use again for a business trip if the wifi was improved.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 1 March 2014

just had a lovely overnight stay, it was a shame that they had a function on as we had to have a bar meal, we were offered a free bottle of wine which was awful, we ended up not drinking it which is unusual for me. breakfast was good and we spent a lovely morning relaxing in the spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and i stayed on a living social deal on a much needed break , on arrival the manager was there to greet us he made us feel very welcome,the room was spotless,also the pool area , we dined in the restaurant the food was very good and the breakfast also ,the staff were friendly,we had a great weekend and would recommend the hotel ,and look forward to going again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My main problem was with the Restuarant. I spent nearly £50 for a single person to have a meal and for that I expected a lot more. My starter was muscles and although a finger bowl was provided. I had no bowl for my discarded shells. The sauce also contained a lot of broken shell pieces. My £21.50 Steak arrived cooked Medium instead of medium rare and I had asked for a different potatoe option (Daphenous potatoe instead of chips). When my meal arrived I was presented with a plate of chips and no apology or explanation as to why. Normally this meal would have been adequate however for almost £50 I expected and have received a lot better.

Secondly although my room was large enough and clean and tidy. My remote control for the tv did not work. When returning to my room at 11pm for 30 mins of tv to wind down for the evening that's the last thing you want. Small thing but massive inconvenience

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I recently spent the day in the spa at the Diplomat, which I must say I thoroughly enjoyed. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a lovely young lady who introduced herself and gave me a tour of the facilities. I have been on many spa days where staff just can't be bothered to simply give a proper welcome. The whole point of a spa day for myself is to feel comfortable and just relax away from my busy work life. I was very impressed that the same young lady was looking after myself and the other customers in such a professional manner. The pool was being checked for I assume cleanliness on numerous occasions throughout the day and the spa was kept looking lovely and clean. I received exactly what I payed for which was a relaxing day. Best regards to the Diplomat hotel spa.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sashaandzoe
diplomathotelwales, Manager at Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01554 756156.

83428 Property
Mrs G McDonald - Director
BEST WESTERN Diplomat Hotel & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanelli
Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
The Cawdor
The Cawdor
#2 of 3 in Llandeilo
Premier Inn Llanelli Central West Hotel

Been to Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!