“Llanelli Star Community Awards”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parc Y Scarlets

Parc Y Scarlets
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Llanelli
wales
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Llanelli Star Community Awards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The event itself was excellent, a lovely atmosphere and the room and table decorations were fantastic. I was one of the people who paid £35 for their ticket as I wanted to support one of the awards. The "set" three course meal was only ok, the bread served with the first course was very hard and had been previously frozen as there were what looked like white marks on the bread which you only get if frozen. I had the vegetarian option and there was no table organisation as although I had told the waiters on more than one occasion that three of us were vegetarians on our table (all prebooked), we still had a chicken meal put in front of us which had to be taken away. The vegetarian option was a stuffed pepper which was mainly left by all three of us. The summer fruit pudding was very nice. The coffee was a disaster - first the waiter leaned over the table and grabbed the coffee cup by putting his fingers all around the top rim and gave it back filled with coffee the same way (staff training needed I think), we then waited and waited for milk or cream and had to go and ask for it - when it came it was served in a gravy dish - I was so surprised I actually said you are joking, to which the waiter replied "this is all we could find". A lovely evening, but a very mediocre meal and dreadful coffee service. Also we were at the back of the room, and when the awards were being mentioned the waiters were talking quite loudly to each other near to the kitchen door, making it difficult to hear what was being said - again more staff training as this should not have happened. No doubt had I not paid for my ticket I may not have been so critical of the food and service.

Visited June 2014

Escucha, Spain
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Memories of rugby with llanelli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My goodness is this different to when i played for llanelli on the old scarlets ground.
The approach stands out to welcome you, the pitch is in excellent condition, and the players facil
ities are second to none.
If you stay for the game the views are very good and the foods very good by club standards.
Every child and dads dream to visit.

Visited March 2014
Galway, Ireland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“scarlets v munster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

a shuttle service from Llanelli town might be worth thinking about?
As we hadn't been to the Park before, getting there was difficult if you hadn't booked a taxi in time!

Visited March 2014
Forest of Dean
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lovely venue, good view, excellent trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went as guests of one of the sponsors, excellent evening out, a treat, enjoyed good company. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Definitely go again.

Our only criticism is the seats in the stadium, regardless of where you sit, could be spread out giving more space side to side and from back to front. OK if you are small but the larger person struggles and this was very evident with people moving backwards and forwards in the seat. I must say this is the same everywhere regardless of what venue you visit, trying to pack people in, more seats, more people more revenue but that's not always the case. I'd rather pay a couple of £'s more and be able to sit in comfort. Being undercover was an added bonus too.

As we had arrived earlier than expected we thought we'd have a coffee in the cafe which had the sandwich board out to say open but weren't. We could have sat in to wait but all seats are low and no good for people who find it difficult to get down to a low chair so we waited in the car instead. This was a loss to the cafe all because they hadn't tilled up from earlier.

The lady in the shop was lovely too and most obliging and helpful. My husband bought an anorak which he decided to wear immediately as the weather was rubbish. She was most helpful with the sizing and availability in the shop and on purchase sorted out the labels and was a definite asset to the company, she knew about the players both Gloucestershire and Scarlets and no doubt others in the rugby teams. Send her our congratulations.

I would say the cabinets showing the trophies could do with a clean but having glass display cabinets at home I know how difficult it is to maintain them. All of the staff including security were commendable.

The Quinnell suite where we had dinner was well set out and being able to help yourself to dinner and within a 2 hour slot was excellent.

Thank you to all the people involved for a lovely time.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely new stadium”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The lovely Scarlets Stadium was very impressive both inside and out. Plenty of places to get food and drink (although they ran out of the more popular items quite quickly). There was good entertainment both before the game and at half time. Another massive plus which is so often ignored in modern stadia was the inclusion of sufficient toilet facilities.

Visited January 2014