“Gorgeous Ardtorna - we can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ardtorna B&B

Ardtorna B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Barcaldine B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland
“Gorgeous Ardtorna - we can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 15 March 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at Ardtorna last weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The view from the room was lovely, looking out over the loch and to the hills. It really was stunning.

The room was finished to a very high standard, and really lived up to its 5 star rating. Everything about the room and the rest of the accommodation was flawless: from the spotless decor to the amazing design. The B & B (calling it that does it a disservice) has some very nice touches for guests; from a free dram (or Baileys if you prefer that as a nightcap) to complimentary tablet in our room. The Molten Brown products in the immaculate bathroom (with Jacuzzi bath) were indicative of the high standard of Ardtorna.
The food was excellent. There was a good choice and the breakfasts we had were cooked to perfection.

As soon as we arrived we didn’t want to leave, and we are already planning our return. We somehow managed to drag ourselves from the uber-comfortable bed (matched only by the bed in the much more expensive Wynn Las Vegas!) and go home, but did so with a heavy heart and a promise to return.
The proprietors, Karen and Sean, were most welcoming and very attentive (but without being overwhelming). They clearly take a lot of pride in what they do; and so they should, because it really is an awesome place to visit. They couldn’t have been nicer to us, and we are looking forward to coming back as man and wife!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linda_k_uk
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Ardtorna. I am delighted to hear that you both enjoyed your 2 night stay with us.
It was a pleasure to meet you both , and I particularily enjoyed chatting to you about all of your wedding plans , as we have our wedding coming up this year too !
I look forward to welcoming you both back later in the year as ' Mr and Mrs'
All the best with your big day , and I look forward to welcoming you back some time in the not too distant future...

Karen Webster.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We genuinely looked at over 200 hotels and B&B's over the space of a month before finding Ardtorna. All looked dated and old fashioned. Ardtorna looked like exactly what we were after, nice modern room in a great location! Lovely Place, lovely rooms, lovely people and breakfasts to die for! By far the nicest place I have ever stayed!!!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Auldlanzyn
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Ardtorna. That is amazing that you picked us over the other 200 places you looked at !
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was most certainly a pleasure to meet you both.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to Artdtorna in the not too distant future...

Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed for two nights and was blown away by the attention to detail! Complimentary malt whisky,baileys and espresso machine outside your room if you require. Fresh water, home made goodies, an actual fridge, super king size beds! Need I go on! Superb breakfast menu all made to
order! Homemade jams breads muffins etc! (list is endless) if I had to pick any fault and I mean IF I HAD TO! No pen in room to fill out breakfast menu!! That's all I could find. Tells the whole story I think. Will be back many times in the future! Could go on forever!

• Stayed March 2011
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy all the facilities we have on offer at Ardtorna.

Thanks for pointing out that there was no pens in the bedroom. Since reading your review I have ordered 4 pens on stands , one for each room. We love hearing suggestions from our guests...

I was a pleasure to meet you both , and I do hope it will not be too long until we can welcome you back. On your next trip , perhaps you may wish to try Trditional Archery on our front lawn ?. Sean will be offering lessons to our guests from April.

Cowdenbeath
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Excellent service and warm welcome from the moment we arrived from Karen and Sean, the rooms are bright and airy, extremely modern and clean with excellent furnishings. I can' fault the service provided and the friendliness we were shown the whole time, in fact my husband and I loved the weekend so much we have already booked to go back for a further 3 nights in August. There are so many small touches that make this special, night drinks available to help yourself to free of charge, either Bailleys or Malt Whisky, tablet in the rooms, many items from the breakfast menu are home made and fresh.

On the recommendation of Karen and Sean we spent a day in the spa at the Isle of Eriska Hotel, which we had booked before we arrived, Diane the manageress was lovely and the service and attention we were shown was brilliant. In the evening we went back to the Eriska for an evening meal, which I can only sum up as out of this world, again the staff were amazing and the food awesome.

The Ardtorna is in a great part of Scotland with loads to see and do, we took the ferry to Mull and spent the day in Tobermory, what a relaxing 3 days.

If you are looking for something really special then I would recommend that you do not look past Ardtorna, I can't wait till August.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wilson64
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us , and the spa facilities at The Isle of Eriska Hotel , and dinner in their restaurant in the evening.

We are in a very fortunate position to be able to offer this spa and dinner package to our guests, which has been well recieved by all who have booked.

It was a pleasure to meet you both, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in August. This time you will be able to sip your Baileys out on the front lawn amongst one of our spectacular sunsets that set right in front of the house...

Inverness, Scotland
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night as part of our honeymoon. Room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable and breakfast was fantastic and freshly made to order.
We were even given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine as we were on our honeymoon.
We would most definately stay here again.
We would also highly reccomend a visit to the Oban SeaLife Centre which is just down the road from ArdTorna.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enchantedtoadstool
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that your honeymoon stay with us was most enjoyable.It was a pleasure to meet to you both. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to Ardtorna in the not too distant future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My boyfriend and I booked this as a weekend retreat from the city, just to get away and relax. And that's exactly what we did. Karen and Sean made us SOOOOO welcome. Really friendly and went out of their way for us. Bed was the comfiest I have EVER slept in. I actually wanted to move in but too much of a commute from Glasgow for work. Great selection of food for breakfast, and tasty too. Was so stuffied, was ready to go back to my comfy bed for another sleep. Location is cracking with a gorgeous view. Can't wait to go back, in fact already planning our next stay. Boyfriend's opinion - "Hidden gem!"

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HumanGiant
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 5 March 2011
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We enjoyed meeting you both. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I can't fault the service provided by Karen, Sean and Fiona - the location, food, room, general service and value for money is all brilliant. Following a hectic work schedule I decided to surprise my fiancee with a weekend break away from Glasgow. We left Saturday morning and visited Oban then arrived at ArdTorna around 3.30pm.

ArdTorna is not a B&B - it's an exceptional boutique retreat where the service from start to finish is of the highest standards.

Tips for people about to visit: definitely ask Karen about Eriska & book before arriving. The restaurant was fully booked when we arrived but sounded excellent. Karen recommended Coast in Oban which was brilliant too!

We'll both be back in the future!

Highlights: The warm welcome, friendly & approachable hosts, home made baking, breakfast, the amazing view & the best nights sleep in at least 6 months!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart_Laura
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you for taking time to post a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It was most certainly a pleasure to meet you both.
I was sorry I was unable to book a table for you at The Isle of Eriska Hotel. Perhaps next time...
They have just won 'Hotel Restaurant of the year ' this week. It isan amazing experience to dine there , and for such a reasonable price.
Give us plenty notice next time , and we can book a table for you and drop you off on the private island too. We offer this service for all of our guests eating at the hotel.

Karen Webster.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcaldine
Airds Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 13 in Oban
Ardanaiseig Hotel
Ardanaiseig Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kilchrenan

Been to Ardtorna B&B? Share your experiences!