My fiancé and I stayed at Ardtorna last weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The view from the room was lovely, looking out over the loch and to the hills. It really was stunning.
The room was finished to a very high standard, and really lived up to its 5 star rating. Everything about the room and the rest of the accommodation was flawless: from the spotless decor to the amazing design. The B & B (calling it that does it a disservice) has some very nice touches for guests; from a free dram (or Baileys if you prefer that as a nightcap) to complimentary tablet in our room. The Molten Brown products in the immaculate bathroom (with Jacuzzi bath) were indicative of the high standard of Ardtorna.
The food was excellent. There was a good choice and the breakfasts we had were cooked to perfection.
As soon as we arrived we didn’t want to leave, and we are already planning our return. We somehow managed to drag ourselves from the uber-comfortable bed (matched only by the bed in the much more expensive Wynn Las Vegas!) and go home, but did so with a heavy heart and a promise to return.
The proprietors, Karen and Sean, were most welcoming and very attentive (but without being overwhelming). They clearly take a lot of pride in what they do; and so they should, because it really is an awesome place to visit. They couldn’t have been nicer to us, and we are looking forward to coming back as man and wife!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! It picked the title again of " Best Guest House for Scotland ' in 2015 from The Scottish Hotel awards. All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player,fresh flowers, Hand made chocolates, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland