Ardtorna B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssconesmolton brown toiletriesarchery lessonon arrivalmalt whiskysweet pancakesnespresso machinelittle toucheswet roomjam and creamhandmade chocolatessoda breadkaren seanextra touchesbreakfast tableunderfloor heatingwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

‘Quality’ is the first word to apply to Ardtorna. The welcome from Karen & Sean was warm and friendly. The furnishings, amenities and comfort are superior. I wasn’t at first aware that the price quoted didn’t include compulsory £15 per head for breakfast, but Fiona presented an excellent breakfast – cooked fresh to order and varied to taste – and overall I felt extra was indeed provided for the higher price. The view from the breakfast room was remarkable. Don’t miss Sean’s scones on arrival. I was offered this accommodation by Karen when their other location was full on the night I chose. I'm glad this alternative was offered.

Room Tip: The location is a bit out of the way, but there are local amenities. Rooms would vary only in size, not quality.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your one night stay at Ardtorna.

I just wanted to clarify that any bookings made through Late Rooms are for ' room only ' and there is an extra £15 charge for scones upon arrival, all goods in your room fridge, unlimited Malt Whisky and Baileys and our gourmet breakfast that is payable at Ardtorna. We do make this clear on the room description.
I feel the need to address this as it could be rather misleading for people reading your review thinking that we charge £15 for breakfast.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay , and that you were pleased with your half price upgrade from our sister property.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us sometime in the future...

Reviewed 5 September 2012

After 3 weeks back at home the Ardtorna is still in our mind and in our heart! Thank you so much, Karen and Sean, for the really amazing stay at your beautiful home, the caring and loving service! We enjoyed so much the excellent view, the nice room with the wonderful facilities and materials, noble soap (Molton Brown), the excellent welcome scone!, the whisky and Baileys bar for free, the wonderful breakfast together with all your guests and the kindly conversation. In summary our stay was brilliant!!! Thank you so much we´ll be back soon... KaThi

Room Tip: nicest view from the first room of the floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Ardtorna.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all the little extras that we offer our guests while staying with us. The complimentary Baileys and local Malt Whisky does tend to go down well with all !
The scones that are served upon arrival that come straight out of the oven are too rather popular !

I do hope you will manage another trip over to Scotland in the not too distant future, and come and see us all at Ardtorna...

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My Partner and I have just returned from the Ardtorna. From the outside the building is stunning to look at, the surrounding environment and view can only been seen to be fully appreciated. Once you ring the door bell both Karen and Sean make sure you are made most welcome. If I could make one suggestion it would be make sure your there on time to get a hold of those beautiful fruit scones that Sean makes. My Partner and I were in the Dunyvaig room, which I would only describe as exquisite, the room was beautifully laid out and the view onto the waterfront was better than any movie and tv could ever provide.
The next morning we were greeted by Fiona who was just as equally welcoming and friendly as both Karen and Sean, she put on a great breakfast and would encourage anyone to go that extra mile and get the main dishes for breakfast.
In short all we can say, is we'll definately be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Ardtorna.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your deluxe bedroom and the lovely view from the ceiling to floor windows within your room.

The scones straight out of the oven served with clotted cream and home made jam always go down well, glad you enjoyed them.

We all enjoyed meeting you both, and being able to chat to you during your stay. I will pass your kind comments about Fiona onto to her.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Ardtorna in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

My partner and I stayed for two nights at the Ardtorna B&B in early April. Karen and Sean were exquisitely thoughtful hosts, welcoming and kind. We had a beautiful room with views straight down to the water, and enjoyed a quiet afternoon reading in the room and enjoying the jacuzzi, the free bottle of bubbly, and the chocolates and fruit, when we arrived. Dinner at the Seafood Temple was OUTSTANDING and a wonderful end to our first night in lovely Oban. (There's a deal for taxis with the Ardtorna, so make sure to ask!) The meal was one of the best my partner and I have had in our travels around Scotland and the view cannot be beat.

After the justifiably lauded breakfast, with Sean's recommendation, we spent the following day exploring Mull and walking in the lovely countryside. Karen had arranged for our dinner at the Isle of Eriska which we appreciated enormously. Sean drove us directly and the hotel was happy to arrange for our taxi back to the Ardtorna. I cannot wait to return to this part of the country and spend more time exploring the countryside. We won't be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are in a very fortunate position that all of our deluxe rooms overlook the water.

The Seafood Temple is a wonderful restaurant , and I shall forward this review onto their team to read.

The local taxi service that we use at Ardtorna is great, and it is nice to be able to pass on our hugely discounted fares to our guests too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ardtorna at some future date...

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have just come back from an amazing weekend at the Ardtorna! The accommodation was of a very high standard (Karen and Sean really have thought of everything). The small touches were great (fresh flowers, molton brown toiletries, ipod docking station, complimentary whisky & bailey’s in the evening, fresh fruit & scones on arrival) and the breakfast was fantastic.
First class service throughout our stay so a big thank you from us and we’ll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us. It was lovely to meet you both, and to chat to you during your stay.

I am delighted to read that you were most pleased with all that we offer, and I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.