This review comes with a serious warning! A stay here will ruin any other stay anywhere else!! This is no ordinary B&B! It is the utmost in luxury, in fact you would struggle to find such luxury and hospitality anywhere else. Not forgetting the location! Simply stunning!
Karen and Sean have had such vision in putting this B&B together. The attention to detail is quite overwhelming. Nothing has been missed and a whole lot added that most people would not dream of expecting.
From the moment you enter you can not help but be impressed, the quality, the views, the cleanliness and not forgetting the warmth of hospitality. I would not hesitate in recommending this little gem to anyone but my fear is that it may become difficult to rebook as everyone is going to want to return and recommend to others.
They have won several awards already and I don't doubt that many more will becoming their way.
The breakfast in the morning was outstanding. I had chosen the sweet pancakes and was delighted I had done so as they were delicious but I had to admit defeat after all the other tempting items I had partaken in before the pancakes! There was homemade muesli bread, banana bread, soda bread, toast, every cereal imaginable together with toppings galore, a smoothie of the day and even bloody marys if you were so inclined!! Sean prepared the breakfasts and even invited us to take some of the breads if we were going out for the day.
It will be a long time before we find anything to surpass the Ardtorna and for that reason we may not bother trying and just go back instead! I hope it is very very soon.
If I was to make any criticism at all it would only be that there was no lounge area to sit in. This is by no means a problem as the rooms are spacious and easy chairs provided to gaze out at the wonderful view. I simply mention this because it may be slightly more problematic if travelling in a group. There was seating outside and a table that would have been lovely to sit at on a summer's evening.
We dined at Isle of Eriska which again was outstanding. This can be difficult to book for non residents but the Ardtorna have a special relationship with the Isle of Eriska for use of their spa, golf and restaurant.
I would say to anyone looking for that extra special getaway, you will not find better than the Ardtorna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! It picked the title again of " Best Guest House for Scotland ' in 2015 from The Scottish Hotel awards. All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player,fresh flowers, Hand made chocolates, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland