I really wanted to give this place top marks but kept having second thoughts. Firstly the positives: It is a perfectly placed property with views of the loch and of a contemporary design. The rooms are immaculate and very well appointed with high end designer fittings and tasteful furnishing. The bathroom is modern, stylish and stocked with expensive products. The host Sean goes out of his way to make you feel welcome with champagne, chocolates and roses in the room. A malt and liqueur are available in the hallway between rooms. The breakfast is a menu of ten or so different meals and was of a very good quality.
Right, so now you are thinking what is the problem with this place, it seems perfect: NOISE! This place echoes like a tin can, you can hear everything and I mean everything the other guests are doing and saying from switching on lights and up! The sound travels up the hall from the kitchen diner area, so you can even hear a knife cut onto a plate. The noise stopped around midnight and resumed very early.
We went down to breakfast, which is only served until 9 am, and joined the one big table( I hate sharing a table with strangers). We were jokingly greeted by a couple of the other guest and informed they had been up early since 4.30 am my wife replied dryly we know. The next couple down had a cold which they wanted to share with us. To quote Sartre " Hell is other people". Anyway on check out, an early 10 am considering the late 4 pm check in, my wife tried to raise our concerns with Sean about the noise to be told," Yes I know, it's the tiles". So all in all a lovely place to stay but a poor nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! It picked the title again of " Best Guest House for Scotland ' in 2015 from The Scottish Hotel awards. All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player,fresh flowers, Hand made chocolates, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland