We have just returned from our wee break in Oban...a fantastic place in itself but it says so much about a B&B when you actually LOOK FORWARD to coming in at the end of the day!
Sean and Karen (the owners) are the loveliest people and made Erin and myself feel relaxed, special and welcomed. I have always found B&Bs are a hit or a miss as you can sometimes feel intrusive but this was never going to be the case from the first moment we were greeted with warm scones, cream and homemade jam! If we could rent a room to stay there permanently we would!!!
Location was first class, facilities were first class, hosts were first class, attention to detail was first class, breakfast, I don't think I need to go on! Amazing! A choice of cereals, fruit, juices, and a choice of a hot breakfast which was excellently cooked by Sean (he did say Karen cooked a better one but we'll have to judge that next time!) ;-)
So sad to be back home but we will be back next year without a shadow of a doubt. Thanks again guys for making us feel so welcome! Truly. John and Erin x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! It picked the title again of " Best Guest House for Scotland ' in 2015 from The Scottish Hotel awards. All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player,fresh flowers, Hand made chocolates, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland