“The perfect break!”
Review of Ardtorna B&B

Ardtorna B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Barcaldine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I can't fault the service provided by Karen, Sean and Fiona - the location, food, room, general service and value for money is all brilliant. Following a hectic work schedule I decided to surprise my fiancee with a weekend break away from Glasgow. We left Saturday morning and visited Oban then arrived at ArdTorna around 3.30pm.

ArdTorna is not a B&B - it's an exceptional boutique retreat where the service from start to finish is of the highest standards.

Tips for people about to visit: definitely ask Karen about Eriska & book before arriving. The restaurant was fully booked when we arrived but sounded excellent. Karen recommended Coast in Oban which was brilliant too!

We'll both be back in the future!

Highlights: The warm welcome, friendly & approachable hosts, home made baking, breakfast, the amazing view & the best nights sleep in at least 6 months!

1  Thank Stuart_Laura
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It was most certainly a pleasure to meet you both.
I was sorry I was unable to book a table for you at The Isle of Eriska Hotel. Perhaps next time...
They have just won 'Hotel Restaurant of the year ' this week. It isan amazing experience to dine there , and for such a reasonable price.
Give us plenty notice next time , and we can book a table for you and drop you off on the private island too. We offer this service for all of our guests eating at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

We recently had a fantastic one night break at Ardtorna, during our Highland tour. We received a very warm welcome from Karen and Sean, who really are the perfect hosts. We were shown to our luxurious room, complete with superking size bed, ensuite comprising of a wet room and complete with Molton Brown toiletries. The view from the room was stunning , overlooking the loch and part of the surrounding forestland ... a real treat to wake up to. It was the little touches like the homemade shortbread and traditional Scottish "Granny's Tablet" that Karen and Sean put in each room,together with the white fluffy robes,and not forgetting the amazing variety of breakfast choices in the morning, that make this B&B outstanding and an experience we will not forget. Thank you.

1  Thank Wisteria36
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Ardtorna. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us , and I hope it is not too long before we are welcoming you back again...

Reviewed 28 February 2011

This was my second visit to Ardtorna but this time with my partner. I had told him how amazing this place was but he couldnt believe just how amazing when he saw it himself! This time was even better than the first trip! The rooms have been decorated more and there are lots more extra touches that just make the house more and more perfect! We had some amazing home made shortbread and tablet in our room along with baileys,whiskey,coffee ice and water along the corridor. The rooms are just breathtaking and the view from the dining room is so beautiful. The owners are so friendly and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is delicious with such a vast choice but also extras like homemade banana pancakes and soda bread! We had a walk at a nearby mountain which was recommended by the owners and was excellent! There are lots of things to do nearby but sitting outside the B&B with a glass of wine taking in the views is enough! We would recommend this place to anyone as it is so peaceful, luxurious and heavenly! Cant wait to go back!

1  Thank krispy1London
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was great to be able to welcome you back again. We enjoyed meeting your boyfriend on this trip. We do hope it will not be too long until we welcome you back to Ardtorna again.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Had a superb weekend away in style and comfort. Quality and attention to detail makes this B & B a treat! A friendly welcome from Karen, Sean and Fiona, a sumptuous bed, a jacuzzi, a view over the loch, peace and tranquility, a breakfast feast, superb coffee and much, much more.
Thanks for a perfect 3 night stay. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Jonathon P
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both ,and we look forward to seeing you back at Ardtorna soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just rerturned home from 2 excellent nights at the ardtorna with my wife, we had seen Ardtorna on the hotel website and thought we would book it because it looked mordern & a nice place to spend a weekend away. As soon as we arrived we realised why this is a 5 star B&B from the warm welcome we received from Karen & Sean, the attention to detail is incredible, from complimentary chocolates, Whisky, specialised coffees & Molton Brown toiletries to the sophisticated modern decor. The super kingsized bed was extremely comfortable in fact the best nights sleep my wife has had in years.

On the first night we ordered room service food, an antipasti board for two, and were blown away by the value for money & quick service. The breakfast is also excellent, and a vast choice is available for all tastes. We were also privileged to take up the offer of day passes to the Isle of Eriska Hotel & Spa, which is an exclusive resort set in the peaceful tranquility of it's own island. I would recommend anyone staying at the Ardtorna to take up the opportunity that Karen & Sean can offer, as this is an exclusive members and hotel residents only. 2 day passes are available at a very reasonable price. The resort offers the use of the swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi & steam room, as well as discounts on spa treatments. There is also a 9 hole golf course on the island as well as other activities.

We would definately recommend the Ardtorna & we look forward to returning in the not too distant future.

1  Thank StevieKaren

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Ardtorna. We enjoyed meeting you both , and so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad the Antipasti platter went down well. I have to say they do look fabulous when they are laid out on the trolleys...One of these nights I am going to sit down and enjoy one all to myself !

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the spa at the Isle of Eriska Hotel. It is such an amazing place in the most tranquil setting on its own private island.

I look forward to welcoming you both back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just spent 4 delightful nights at this wonderful place,,, booked as a surprise for my girlfriend and a treat for myself!!! Have to say I dithered for some time between Ardtorna and a similarly well reviewed hotel in the same area, mainly due to having reservations about the whole B&B thing from previous,, let's say,, "interesting" B&B experiences!
Needless to say I'm 110% certain I made the right choice,,, Karen and Sean are perfect hosts, unobtrusive yet wonderfully friendly and helpful and it would seem very much determined to provide their customers with nothing short of the finest facilities and service.
The rooms are a delight,, the beds almost too damn comfortable,,, breakfasts are bloody great and set you up till tea time,,, trust me I'm an active bloke and no slouch when it comes to eating!!! You already heard about all the complimentaries, the views, the bathrooms and the rest so i won't go on.
Suffice to say Karen and Sean will most definitely be receiving my repeat custom later in the year when by the sound of things they will be offering even more guest services and I’m feeling another treat is due.
Don't dither,,,, just book,,, go there,,, relax and enjoy,,, you won't regret it,,, you just won't want to leave,,, we didn't!!
Thank you Karen, Sean and Fiona.

1  Thank Fartydonkey

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Ardtorna. It was a pleasure to meet ,and chat to you both over your 4 night stay.
I am delighted to hear that you felt that you had made the right choice by staying with us.
We all enjoy welcoming people to Ardtorna , and to recieve such glowing reviews is a delight !

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Stayed here for two nights and it was everything anyone could want.The views from the room were amazing and the room was very stylish and comfortable. We had every luxury including Molton Brown toiletries,complimentary chocolates and fluffy bath robes. The power shower was great as was the jaccuzi bath. My highlight was the great breakfast - all you could eat and more . the home made banana bread was a delight! Karen, Sean and Fiona couldn't do enough for you but weren't over intrusive just helpful with suggested trips and ideas.A complimentary dram in the evenings was greatly appreciated!

1  Thank auchans3131
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you both enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct , Fiona's banana bread is amazing ! We do love it when she arrives every morning with her box of fresh home baking.......
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Ardtorna in the not too distant future.

Karen Webster.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcaldine
Falls Of Lora
Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Airds Hotel & Restaurant
Airds Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Port Appin

Been to Ardtorna B&B? Share your experiences!