I can't fault the service provided by Karen, Sean and Fiona - the location, food, room, general service and value for money is all brilliant. Following a hectic work schedule I decided to surprise my fiancee with a weekend break away from Glasgow. We left Saturday morning and visited Oban then arrived at ArdTorna around 3.30pm.
ArdTorna is not a B&B - it's an exceptional boutique retreat where the service from start to finish is of the highest standards.
Tips for people about to visit: definitely ask Karen about Eriska & book before arriving. The restaurant was fully booked when we arrived but sounded excellent. Karen recommended Coast in Oban which was brilliant too!
We'll both be back in the future!
Highlights: The warm welcome, friendly & approachable hosts, home made baking, breakfast, the amazing view & the best nights sleep in at least 6 months!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! It picked the title again of " Best Guest House for Scotland ' in 2015 from The Scottish Hotel awards. All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player,fresh flowers, Hand made chocolates, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland