Melfort Pier & Harbour
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kilmelford
See available hotels
    • Bar/Lounge
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsspa bathadmiral suiteself cateringlong weekendrowing boatcrows nestunderfloor heatingviews are stunninglog burnerbirthday treatdock masterbeautiful place to staythird visita great place to relaxexcellent weekenddidn't disappointboat house
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I just arrived from South Africa to find a home here in Scotland, and spent a wonderful time landing at Melfort Pier. We had a thoroughly relaxing place to stay, and were able to bring our large dogs with us! We had lots of beautiful places to walk, while enjoying the peaceful quiet atmosphere of the cosy, tucked-away area. Hazel and her chum Oscar (the Jack Russell in the office!) were wonderful, and would help with anything we needed, while John and Etonella made us feel superbly welcome. Don't miss a stay here!!

Room Tip: Tell Hazel your requirements on a room, and she will find the perfect solution!
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank Jade C
    Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 day break to Melfort Pier and it really surpassed our expectations!! It was recommended to us by friends and EVERYTHING was just perfect! We wanted a quiet place to celebrate our first anniversary and as I'm pregnant it was important I could really relax but also that my husband could do things too! We took the wee free boat out and I relaxed and read my book in the sunshine and my husband caught mackerel. We also caught more mackerel off the pier in the evening and barbecued it for lunch! We went for many walks around the area as well as to the neighbouring hotel for dinner one of the nights and it was lovely! The staff at Melfort Pier are really friendly and helpful! We stayed in the Admiral Suite and it was perfect for us. Every little detail was accounted for and it was a home from home (with much better views!!) our only suggestion would be a wee Chimnea outside on the balcony as it is quite chilly later on, even when the weather is so warm during the day! We will definitely be back and can't wait to tell other friends and family about how fabulous it is!! Many thanks, we are delighted to post such a positive review.

• Stayed: July 2013
    3  Thank Juliewooly83
    Reviewed 4 July 2013

Tucked away in the most scenic,relaxing and tranquil setting of Loch Melfort nestles several Scandinavian style houses. This is Melfort Pier. Here you can relax by the waters edge,watch wild otters at play,take a boat trip,fish,enjoy a barbeque under the stars,listen to the wildlife,walk, whatever takes your fancy.
    John and Etonella will make you feel most welcome along with the excellent,helpful and friendly staff.
    Take a trip to Iona,Mull,Oban only a short distance away. However if relaxing in completely perfect surroundings,Melfort Pier is the place to be.
    We had a fantastic and memorable time and will return very soon.!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
    3  Thank StuPot43
    Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband, new puppy Mack and I spent 4 nights here over our wedding anniversary weekend. First and foremost, we were made to feel extremely welcome. Mary was an outstanding hostess and could not have been more helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Crow's Nest, and enjoyed our lovely balcony with views over the grass and water. The house was clean and everything we needed was there. We loved the layout of all the houses, the flowers and plants that are well kept, the proximity to the water, watching the swans on the loch. Our puppy Mack was made to feel particularly welcome, and any fears we had about taking such a young pup away quickly disappeared. He loved the grassy area for playtime and we felt he was so safe. We will definitely be back for another peaceful and relaxing break.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank McPinner
    Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for our honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for better. Mary and Hazel where very helpful to us. We stayed in the commodore suite which we felt was very well equipped, excellent view off our balcony over loch melfort and we could moor our boat on the private harbour and see it from the house. We enjoyed the quiet and tranquil location and right on the water was perfect for us to go fishing whenever we wanted. We will definitely not hesitate to come back here, the staff are very friendly and we couldn't highly recommend this more. Thanks again, Nikki and Sean

• Stayed: June 2013