“Take A Rest At Dalmally”

Glenorchy Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Dalmally B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dalmally is always somewhere I'd driven through without stopping. This place is worth stopping for. Don't stop at the Green Welly. Keep going a little longer and stop here with it's log burner and stunning views and welcome as warm as the fire! As a lone traveller sometimes it feels awkward going into places. Not so here. I felt welcome, relaxed and unhurried. Food was great and I know next time to go into the bar rather than the restaurant (as my dog will be allowed). Definitely on my places to stop on my travels West now. Don't overlook Dalmally!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank TessiePerth

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. Mac and Sally who owned this hotel were very friendly and helpful. The staff were very pleasant. The standard of cleanliness was excellent. The hotel was warm and comfortable with spacious bedrooms. The food was amazing. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Can't wait to return. Joe and June Many thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ajwhotsit
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My friend & I stayed for 3 nights 26--28 January, we were out most of the day in the beautiful countryside. The weather was damp so when we arrived back at the hotel our outdoor clothing was put in the hotel's drying room, which was great as it was dry & ready for the next day. The rooms are immaculate & spacious. The bar is very friendly & you are made most welcome by the landlord & the locals "The Food" Sally the chef makes a wholesome meal which would give any restaurant a run for it's money, on the 1st night we opted for haggis, neaps & tatties with a whiskey sauce, after being out all day it was just the job. The next 2 nights we had rib-eye with all the trimmings along with a fruit crumble for desert, which is nothing like I have tasted before, it's spectacular. We will be back next January,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cragmill
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a few days. The hotel is warm, and cozy. The owners are very welcoming and the food is absolutely fantastic. The room I stayed in was clean, comfortable and I have no complaints whatsoever. Spot on.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank steven1huddersfield
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently visited here whilst staying up the road in the Craig Villa guest house with 4 work colleagues.

First impressions were very good - very tidy from outside and roasty toasty inside with a hearty welcome from the owner and his wife......and boy can she cook a mean meal. We visited every evening for four days and tried as best we could to eat our way collectively through the menu - choice , portion size and presentation were spot on and very reasonably priced as well, as we're the bar prices.

The food and hospitality were both excellent, with both owners happy to spend time mingling with the us visitors even though we were not staying there.

As we didn't stop over I unfortunately cannot comment on the rooms even though they look spot on....

If you like your food and you like a warm friendly atmosphere then this is for you. Even if I don't get the chance to stay here if I'm ever over that way and it's feeding time then this is where will be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JAH001
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at he Hotel in early November 2013 with a friend, who is an aspirant Munroist. We were there to climb the 4 Munros just above Dalmally. We were very well looked after. The Hotel is immaculately clean, warm and inviting. Certainly our bedroom seemed new, everything was sparkling. There was a very good and effective drying room which was an essential for us and used everyday. The cooked breakfast was grand but too large for us. There was a good choice of evening meals which were well cooked and presented. Sally, an owner, is a michelin trained chef. There was also a reasonable choice of beers.

The weather was not good and returning to the Glenorchy was lovely. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 163MikeP
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We came up to Glenorchy Lodge in the summer. We got married in Oban and stayed here for 5 days and had a small reception at the hotel! It was lovely and relaxed the rooms were clean and very well presented. The food was second to none and everyone working there made myself and my husband feel very welcome! Would thoroughly recommend the hotel to everyone! Thank you Sally and William for making our special day so wonderful! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Macleod85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalmally
Craig Villa Guest House
#2 of 3 in Inveraray
The Inveraray Inn
The Inveraray Inn
#3 of 3 in Inveraray

Been to Glenorchy Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!