“Best Bar None”

Ranked #1 of 6 Dalmally B&B and Inns
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best Bar None”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Attracted by the sign outside advertising bar meals we called in for something quick and cheap to break our journey. My request for the bar meal menu met with some confusion and it turned out they were not doing bar meals that evening. However we decided to stay and were not disappointed. High quality food, served at a reasonable price, and at reasonable pace.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed for one nights stay at the Glenorchy lodge hotel, and have to say it was superb! The hotel is spotless, owners were extremely welcoming and the food is outstanding!!! All the food is made fresh. Even the sweets!!! Delicious!! I would highly recommend this hotel, with it's lovely appointed rooms ( family friendly) which sits among some of the most stunning views in Scotland. We will most definitely be back! :))

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We didn't stay here, but ate at the restaurant. Wow. My wife and I were there with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on vacation, and all of us were blown away by the quality of the food, the presentation and the taste. We spent much more than we expected to spend because we had to keep trying new things. I have rarely had a better meal, and Mac and Sally came out and talked to us and the other guests personally. After talking with Sally, I was even more impressed with their focus on quality. Sally butchers the meat they use herself and sources almost everything they use locally. She is a trained chef, and it shows. Mac was a dream host: friendly without being intrusive and attentive to our every need. We were so impressed that we even took pictures with them. I hope to eat here again the next time I am in the UK. This is an absolute winner. If you are anywhere near this place, go eat there. You won't be sorry

1 Thank Daniel U
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We didnt actually stay here as this was for our seventh wedding anniversary so we went to the restaurant instead. We came here for lunch to begin with and the staff were amazing. I had already booked a table for the evening and when we got here, we were shown to a table window. I had lamb I think it was and it was second to none. The staff even went out of their way and brought me and the wife a baby bottle of champagne as it was our wedding anniversary and we were not expecting this. The people (I think they are the owners) were really nice and friendly and I had a chat with someone about making homemade macaroni. She was so suprised that I had made the meal booking on the Internet. I would certainly go back again.

1 Thank TOMY73
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

stopped off as we past thru, glad we did, my wife is in my mind a superb cook, when the owner said his wife(chef) was a passionate chef we thought ok, we`ll see.
Well he was certainly right, i had lamb sunday roast, quite possible one of the best meals i`d had for some time, my wife had the 2 in 1 pie(cauliflower cheese sauce with beef stew), exceptional food and served by a waitress with obvious job satisfaction.
Can only reccomend anyone who passes this part of the world to stop, enjoy the locally provided food with such fantastic cleanliness and attention to detail.many thanks, we`ll be back..!

1 Thank kevdor52
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here after reading some terrible reviews of the hotel we had originally booked. Words cannot express how we felt, everything was perfect, great hosts, great meals, a really friendly, comfortable place to stay. We will be coming back next time we visit Scotland. Thank you very much Sally & Mac

1 Thank Sylvia W
Peterborough
Reviewed 21 April 2014

my husband and I had a lovely meal here .The chef even came out and spoke to us. I had pate and my husband the soup which were both lovely.Then I had seafood linguine and my husband had strips of steak over mustard mash again both were lovely Just dissapointed that was too full to try a dessert well worth a visit . Was made to feel very welcome

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank karenandkids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalmally
Ardanaiseig Hotel
#1 of 1 in Strachur
Inverstrae B&B
Inverstrae B&B
#3 of 6 in Dalmally

Been to Glenorchy Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!