“Dalmally Hotel”

Muthu Dalmally Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Dalmally B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was our first ever trip to Scotland and with HH. We had a lovely time & met some nice people. The feeder coach was from Skills, very uncomfortable and lack of leg room. Was glad when we got on HH coaches. Our room, Room 52, well the view.. what view? was of Perspex roof and stone walls, Was disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable though. Down side was from people above us trudging around bedroom at 6am. The dining room experience, like everyone else says you are forcefully greeted with hand sanitizer at every meal. A little odd I would like to say as the chairs in the dining room are disgusting. Stains and rips on them and made me feel a bit sick to be honest. The staff in the dining room where pleasant but I did not hear a Scottish accent from any of them. To be fair they worked very hard and got the meals out quickly. The food was excellent, no complains at all. The entertainment was ok and the bar prices where very reasonable but very limited choice. Just wish the guy behind the bar took his personal hygiene seriously. Could smell him across the room, yuk. The trips where very good, but tiring. Long journeys and very little time at some places. Would like to have spent more time in Edinburgh and Loch Ness and not stop off in Fort William, one main street of charity shops, not my idea of holiday shopping. The highland concert in Oban was ok, but Mr C gets a bit irritating after a while. Would not repeat that again. On a plus note our coach driver Steve was a legend, made our trips very interesting looking for the wild haggis lol. Overall I would like to say It was a good holiday, and I suppose what do you expect from paying £144 each. You couldn't get a deal like that anywhere. I would travel with HH again, maybe chose a different hotel. But my main reminder of this holiday was the very dirty chairs in the dining room. Sorry but it has to be said, throw them out Mr C before next year please.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Soulgirl65

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our holiday at the Dalmally and it was fantastic from the moment we arrived we were very impressed. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in a hotel and the size of the room was amazing, also I couldn't believe there were fluffy dressing gowns in the wardrobe. The food was very good, always piping hot and the staff were excellent. I left my handbag in the restaurant by mistake with credit cards and a lot of money in and it was on my husband's chair the next morning all in tact I thank them for their honesty. We will certainly be taking another holiday with HH it was superb it was the best coach holiday we have ever been on and the bus drivers were brilliant they were very knowlegable. Also the trips out were very good and we really enjoyed the concert on the last day of our holiday.

Room Tip: We booked early and asked for a premier room
2  Thank surprise6
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was my second trip with Highland Heritage and what an amazing time I had. My Mum and Grandmother used to come many years ago and loved it then, sadly Nan is no longer with us so I felt it was time to keep up with family tradition. I went with my Mum, my Aunt and my best friend, we went for the six day tour this year, staying at the Dalmally Hotel. From the moment we got on to the coach at the beginning of the holiday to the moment we arrived back home we did nothing but smile and laugh all the way. The feeder coach was comfortable, the driver was very pleasant, informative, kind and helpful. We reached Tebay Truck Stop to swap coaches to the Highland Heritage coach which was done in a professional manner.
Then our trip really began, our driver, Frank was amazing, funny, kind, extremely helpful, full of knowledge and history and made us smile from start to end.
The Dalmally Hotel was amazing, rooms were extremely comfortable, very clean, the staff went out of their way to ensure you had everything you required. They were extremely friendly, kind and helpful. The Manager Michael was lovely, kind, helpful and could not do enough for the guests.
The day trips were fabulous and the scenery was out of this world.
The live entertainment each night was brilliant catering for everyone's tastes, I especially loved Billy, he is just the best!!!!!!!!!
This year we had a Highland Concert in Oban which was wonderful and was very close to my heart, it finished the holiday off perfectly.
This holiday is extremely good value for money, enjoyable, relaxing and something which I myself hope to continue doing for many years to come and I cannot wait to return next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Second time we have been away with HH , if you want 5 star then be prepared to pay 5 star prices , if you want an enjoyable coach tour with excellent coaches and great drivers then HH is for you , excellent value , good service in the hotel and wonderful scenery . Prices in the hotel bar very reasonable . The Manager and all staff were very helpful at all times . Be prepared you spend a lot of time on the coach getting to Dalmally , this is not the fault of Highland Heritage , it is due to Scotland being a long distance away , strangely a lot of people do not seem to realise this .
we shall be booking a trip with them again next year

Room Tip: If possible go for the top floor , no noise from rooms above you
2  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was both our first time to Scotland and first time on a coach tour. A neighbour had recommended HH, so we took the plunge and booked for a Lochs and Isles 6 day break in October/November. The feeder coach picked us up on time, very comfortable coach, but we then spent the next 2 1/2 hours on further pick ups and finally got under way approx 10.00am after 07;10 pick up.The journey was pleasant with plenty of stops... the longest being 2 hours on the M6 after an RTA had closed motorway. Our changeover was smooth and we first met our driver/courier for the holiday,Frank. Frank turned out to be a natural comedian, who told us funny anecdotes, jokes and valuable information about the areas we drove through. We finally arrived at Dalmally Hotel 2 hours late, but were still welcomed with our evening meal by the manager, Michael.The room we had was on the third floor.We found the stairs easier to use than the lift. The view from our window was quite stunning. The room itself was only adequate. The shower head was too low for me(I am only 5' 10"). The shower cubicle was quite grubby, the two chairs in our room were stained and grubby. I found the bed mattress uncomfortable with a dip into the centre. On the plus side, the water from both taps and shower was always hot.
The food was good and served by very pleasant serving staff ,who were both understanding and understood. They were very efficient in service.
We decided to take in all the trips on offer, and enjoyed them all. Frank, our courier was very informative, telling us a lot of the history of the area and pointing out many things of interest, interspersed with a lot of humour, which made our trips really enjoyable.
The time of year meant that we did not get back to the hotel until after dark, so any outings on foot were out of the question as the hotel is fairly isolated.
The entertainment in the evenings was variable in its quality, but at least there was entertainment available. Billy being the highlight for us. (Tippex).
The concert at the end of the trip was an experience that would probably not be repeated, but that is just a personal thing.
Overall the value for money of the holiday outweighed any of the dislikes. The country is stunning, the trips both interesting and enjoyable. The staff at the hotel very pleasant.
Would we go again....Certainly. Recommend it ......certainly.

4  Thank oldgitolly
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My first trip on a coach holiday and the last!! The hotel was shabby and needed a good clean.The food was awful and brought school dinners forcibly to mind! Staff were conspicuous by their absence. We were herded around like children and were constantly having hands squirted with some sort of antiseptic,even when going into the coach.Although set in Scotland all the staff were continentals and a lot had very little English.I needed a holiday to get over it!! Thank goodness it was only 5 days!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Deeisla
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel was a letdown from the usual standard for this company. not as clean as others I made a pot of tea on my first morning and the tea bag was still there when I left, meaning I did not use the tea pot again all my stay. food was good but toast was warm bread. staff need more training.

Room Tip: I will only stay at the other hotels owned by this company. they are cleaner and up H.H. standards
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pauline B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalmally
Muthu Ben Doran Hotel
0 mi away
Craig Villa Guest House
Craig Villa Guest House
#1 of 1 in Dalmally

Been to Muthu Dalmally Hotel? Share your experiences!