“Highland Heritage Royal Hotel Tyndrum”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dalmally Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalmally
Dalmally Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Dalmally B&B and Inns
Nottingham
“Highland Heritage Royal Hotel Tyndrum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just spent a lovely 5 days at the Royal Hotel was really impressed by the way Highland Heritage run their tours. The Hotel was excellent the Manager Alex and his staff were all very helpful and nothing to much trouble for them. Our coach driver Darren was fantastic and was a pleasure to travel with. Everything ran like clockwork. I would really recommend the holiday to anyone. Mr and Mrs T Bishton Ilkeston Derbyshire

5 Thank Betty B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Grimsby N E Lincs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Got back from holiday with Highland Heritage holidays staying at the DALMALLY HOTEL and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was sat with a great crowd of people Graham and Kate also DAVE and KATE and DAVE,S mother-in-law ROXY (HA HA JOKE) and of course my better half LINDA. Everything about the place was brilliant the food the room the staff and of course our driver PAUL (Clan Cambell Fan). Paul was very knowledgeable and very informative and told us lots of interesting facts about all the areas we drove past or through. Will definitely being going with this company again as it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: our room 54 was right near the lift but not bothered by it as we could not hear it going up and down...
6 Thank DaveGrimsbyNELincs
Rochdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just had another lovely break with Highland Heritage! The feeder coach service was much better than last time being at Tebay services and not Gretna, although it was much better when their own drivers and coaches picked up from start.

Scenery was stunning because of the snow on the mountain tops. This was my first trip with them on my own the main reason was to see Sterling Castle. The hotel and food was as expected, I have been to the Royal and Alexander before. I knew there was nothing in the way of a village as such but as I was going on the trips it didn't really matter. There is nothing to do if you have to stay in the Hotel!

The tours are good value for money and the banter and information from the drivers are excellent and you always meet nice people on the coach. As I love Scotland I will always have trips up there and I haven't been to the Ben Doran yet so will have to give that a try.

There is only one negative comment and that is having to pay a single supplement of £5 a night in a single room! I could understand a supplement for sole occupency of a double room but not for a single bed in a small room.

Highland Heritage are a well run company in a beautiful part of our country and good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lillian B
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Initially in room 72 (2nd floor) Plenty of room although the bathroom seems unnecessarily small given the overall size. This was a twin with reasonably comfy beds and extra blankets if required.(Wife did, I didn't as the room heating did it for me) Brilliant hot water supply. Bath and shower both used and good. Regrettably noise from room 38 below was intrusive and unacceptable.(At midnight I went to knock on their door for quiet) Reported the next morning to manager Michael who instantly undertook to change room. We said we would give it another night in case it was a "one off". It wasn't,(and this time it went on till 0130) so the next morning we repeated our problem and an alternative room was provided on the 3rd floor (room 100). We were offered a twin or a double and shown rooms before we decided. Speaking to others, we realised we were not the only ones to have a problem from above or below.
Restaurant service was superb and food well cooked and adequate. I had "kipper" each morning although I think it was more closely related to smoked mackerel than smoked herring. Fortunately I like both. Evening entertainment unexpectedly good.

Room Tip: Noise seems to travel up and down easier than side to side
1 Thank BrianW0061
Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Based at the hotel with Highland Heritage Coach Tour. Our room was on 2nd floor, small lift but we used the stairs. Room size adequate, bathroom small with shower over bath. High side to bath so could be a problem if mobility issues. Not enough plug sockets in bedroom. Extension lead to plug everything in, however kettle had to be used on floor as it's lead was too short to fit on dressing table.
Only 1 large lounge & seating not very comfortable. Hotel has a billiard room but looked to be used as a bit of a store room for spare chairs.
Hotel has greenhouse rooms on ground floor with lights constantly on. This caused glare into the eyes when sat in thebar area. Entertainment each night singer/musician/comedian all rolled into 1 act. Jokes could have done with updating!
Food was basic but on a cheap coach holiday was to be expected.
Very difficult to get signal for mobile phones due to hotel location.
Only shop nearby was gift. Hotel located on busy main road but not near any other hotels or pubs.
Hotel staff seemed to be mainly Eastern European & very hard workers.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank dreamholiday09
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our first experience of a coach tour in this five day/four night January Short Break with Highland Heritage. We hadn't realised the significance of the 13 hrs on the coach to get there from Lincolnshire and on our return, but the driver(s) were very good on stopping about every 2 hrs for comfort breaks and looked after us very well throughout the daily tours.The food was varied and of good quality for the supplied breakfasts and dinners, with hardly any waiting considering the number of people in the dining room. The room was excellent and warm, often requiring us to switch off the heater before being overcome by the build-up of heat, and served us very well. The daily tour(s) was good, well planned and executed by our driver after our leisurely breakfast - timewise at least!

We met and made friends with several of our fellow coach travellers from the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire area.

A very satisfying short trip away from our home area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank jsthorneycroft
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my second New Year trip with Highland Heritage. Firstly, the good points: the Dalmally Hotel is so much better than the Royal Hotel was last year. The rooms were better appointed. There was no rendering falling off the walls of this hotel! With one exception, it looked cleaner and fresher.

If you like the heat, the Dalmally is for you. The heater in my room was only controllable by using the on/off switch. Good job I could open the window in my room otherwise I would have roasted.

Other reviewers have described the other aspects of the tour and I agree with them. I would echo Hilary C - the singer on New Year's Eve should realise that singing is not for her. A cat with someone standing on its tail would have sounded better!

Now the bad points: I agree with the comments about the dining room chairs. Some of them were disgusting and are in urgent need of cleaning. As for the food - as last year it was plentiful and hot. However, for this veggie it was deeply disappointing. Being served soup with a meat stock and being told it was vegetable soup is unacceptable, as is attempting to serve me trifle with jelly in it! As for the main courses, each of the 4 night stay, I was served cheese (cheese salad, veggie lasagne, broccoli cheese and lasagne - again). Ian Cleaver lauds his chef's reputation in his brochure yet they serve veggie food that would have been questionable 20 years ago! They need to search the internet (I know they have it) and realise there is more to wholesome veggie food than cheese!!!

Overall, the trip represents good value for money and the staff are, by and large, eager to please but I won't be returning for another Cheesefest, sorry New Year until such time as the menu improves.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jb012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalmally
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
#6 of 7 in Tyndrum
Bridge of Orchy Hotel
Bridge of Orchy Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bridge of Orchy

Been to Dalmally Hotel? Share your experiences!