“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went to the New Inn for an impulsive Sunday Lunch. The service was friendly and proffessional. The beer was local and obviously well looked after. The roasts were lovely, and the veg was delicious. Service could have been quicker, but it is a minor point, and the food was worth waiting for. The only downside was the lack of choice for vegetarians. The menu had a vegetable burger, the roast option was a vegetable pattie, that was it. It was delicious, but my vegetarian partner likes a choice as much as non vegetarian me.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had lunch at The New Inn Roborough yesterday. It was really excellent. Although not a huge choice on the menu what we had was beautifully cooked. There is enough choice to make it interesting and everything we had was so tasty. The guy can definitely cook. The Australian couple who own and run this establishment are very, very friendly and welcoming. We ate outside as the day was warm and fine and we were even offered fly/wasp zappers to avoid us having to share our food with our winged friends. I would love to go back for an evening meal and, when I can find someone to drive for me, I will.

1  Thank Lesley1947
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went with grandpa and my two daughters for a Wednesday lunch. New owners making a good job of creating a family friendly atmosphere (good games and drawing pens for the kids) with decent food.

The menu was eclectic, attempting to cater for high-end tastes and regular punters. Which it sort of did. Fish and chips very well put together as were the more aspirational dishes.

Good home cooking with friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Met an old friend here and although we had a pokey little table we both enjoyed sharing a bowl of mussels and smoked salmon, followed by a good slab of steak and the pork tenderloin and then cause it's rude not to a generous portion of choccy brownie and a trio of chocolate which you should only eat at your peril!! Staff nice and friendly although they may benefit from using a notepad instead of relying on memory. Reasonably priced meal and I will definitely go back the 2nd time.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent food choices for a local pub that is well frequented by locals and tourists / visitors alike. Eat inside or out, the staff will ensure that you enjoy your meal.