“Perfect location, close to all the area offers however - but far enough to feel "away from it all"”

Docharn Lodge Guest House
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We had a really enjoyable stay at Docharn Lodge, the proprietors were warm, genuine and very hospitable. Breakfast which was a very high standard , and mostly local produce a good range of choice, sustained us for the whole day.
As for the room, the bed crispy cotton bed covers and how big was the bed? Bathroom, ultra stylish, the small details including with the toiletries and complimentary gifts made me feel valued.
Have to also add loved the under foot warmth of the underfloor heating!
Oh, and the coffee and home made cakes upon arrival. Enough said!
Definitely going back.

• Stayed: March 2013
nmm753, Owner at Docharn Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Since you were here, we have had some really great skiing weather! So glad you enjoyed the
Cairngorm Mountains - we're on the lookout for some skis for 'Edski the Eagle'
Thank you for this great review, we look forward to seeing you again later in the year.
Best regards
Catriona & Neil

There are newer reviews for Docharn Lodge Guest House

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Fantastic B&B, we couldn't have wished for anything more; the bed was extremely comfortable, everything immaculately clean. Would recommend and would love to return. Thanks to our wonderful wonderful hosts Catriona and Neil.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemmahartbeeps
nmm753, Owner at Docharn Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

We hope you returned home safely last weekend. Thank you for your positive review, we really appreciate it, It would be lovely to have you come and stay with us again. We'd also like to wish you luck with your new arrival (boy or girl) in July.
All the best, Neil and Catriona.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

One night away in this amazing guest lodge and my husband and I came away feeling like we’d been away for weeks. From the moment we arrived Catriona and Neil were the most wonderful hosts, so welcoming and willing to cater for our every need (should we need anything), nothing was too much trouble.. the tea and cake on arrival was an added surprise! It’s clear to see that Catriona and Neil have thought of everything and the property reflects all their hard work to create a stunning guest house. Our room was fantastic, the bed was so big I literally never wanted to get out of it. Docharn has the most spectacular views from every angle, it’s the most tranquil, beautiful place we’ve ever stayed at and we’ve already booked another week for later in the year. I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
nmm753, Owner at Docharn Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, you are so kind. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in May - along with the bikes for your 'intensive' training week, and maybe a bit of golf?
Best regards, Catriona and Neil

Reviewed 15 February 2013

My wife and I have just spent four nights at Docharn Lodge. When we arrived Catriona made us very welcome with a cup of tea and a lovely piece of home made cake. Our room was lovely and the views from the lounge are superb. We got a great breakfast in the morning which kept us going all day. We will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2013

I really enjoyed your visit last week and would like to thank you for taking the time to send this great review. Neil was sorry he missed you and looks forward to a good "blether" when you come next time.
All the best
catriona

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We have stayed at Docharn Lodge for 5 nights back in August 2012. Everything was perfect. The location is fantastic near whatever is needed for a perfect relaxing holiday in the middle of the nature. The house is so well designed and decorated, we have been really impressed. Catriona and Neil are so nice and friendly and helpful. The nicest hosts we have ever seen. Thank you for everything! Can't wait to go back someday!

Monica & Bogdan

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MGHB
nmm753, Owner at Docharn Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we certainly enjoyed having you and hearing about your long cycle runs each day. It would be lovely to see you again and hope it might be possible in the future. (Thomas sends his love!).
Best regards
Catriona and Neil

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I stayed for 3 nights here while on a training course at the end of November/beginning of December, never a good time because of snow. The weather was freezing but the temperature in the house was well balanced without being dry from central heating. When Catriona opened the front door, my eyes said "oh wow" and when I saw my room the same again. I never sleep well away from my own bed but this was the most comfortable bed next to my own and I slept like one of the logs on the wood burning stove! The en suite was the last word in luxury with Moulton Brown toiletries. I could have been on another planet. Catriona and Neil were such attentive hosts, nothing was too much trouble. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. 100% recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Pamie21
nmm753, Owner at Docharn Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

It was a real pleasure to meet you and have you stay with us at Docharn. We enjoyed your company and our little chats in the evening and hope that you will return to see us soon. Thank you so much for your kind comments.
Regards, Catriona & Neil

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed for one night at the Docharn lodge and really enjoyed it. I arrived quite late and had to leave early in the morning so it was really quick! I really want to come back in the summer when there's longer days so I can explore the area some more.
The hosts were great and my room and the public areas were great. Very modern and clean!
If I'm going up to the north of Scotland I'm definitely staying there again!
Thanks Johanna

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank j0hann4

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, it would have been great to have you stay a bit longer, but we look forward to meeting you again soon. Glad you made it o.k. through the snow to the airport - thanks for texting to let us know.
Regards Catriona & Neil

#2 of 3 in Carrbridge
Nethybridge Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Nethy Bridge

Been to Docharn Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!