The Boat Hotel
Carrbridge Hotel(Carrbridge)
  • Restaurant
Nethybridge Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
Cairngorm Hotel(Aviemore)
  • Breakfast included
1,397 results
All reviewsgarden roomsteam railwayroll top bathtwo night staybottle of proseccoboth nightslovely hotelpatio doorsstrathspey railwayloch gartenfour poster bedboth morningsa bit tiredopen firerelaxing breakenjoyable stayfull scottish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights on a romantic break. We arrived at the hotel at approx 15:30 and were given keys to our "Garden Room" and directed. The room was big and nicely decorated and the bathroom was also very nice. The patio doors opened on to our own decking area which then led on to the garden.
The food at the hotel is very nice - compliments to the chef/s. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice and the evening meals were cooked to perfection!

All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Having stayed in the Aviemore area many times I would defiantly recommend this hotel (the best one!) and was sad to leave.

Thank you Boat Hotel for making our holiday memorable :o)

1  Thank c h
Boat Hotel M, Front Office Manager at The Boat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and flattering words in regards to your previous stay with us at the Boat Hotel. I am sincerely delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Excellent two night stay at the week-end as part of a deal. We had a garden suite which was lovely although a bit of a walk to the restaurant and reception. We ate in the restaurant the first night which was lovely although the drinks are expensive. Very comfortable, and a great location. In particualar the staff are very pleasant and attentative. The breakfast menu was extensive but of a good quality.

Room Tip: We went for a garden suite (there are 6 of them) which although a bit away from the "hub" of the hotel are very pleasant rooms with their own patio doors and decking leading out to the garden.
1  Thank Stuart B
Boat Hotel M, Front Office Manager at The Boat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and for advising other travellers on your experience.

We value all guest feedback at the Boat Hotel and I am pleased to read you enjoyed our facilities and accommodation.

I hope to welcome you back to the Boat Hotel on your next visit to the Cairngorms National Park.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had a lovely stay at the boat: lovely room, discreet and friendly service, great food and very child friendly. The only small issue was that the corridors in the hotel are looking a bit tired and need a refurb. That is the only reason I didn't give it a 5!

Room Tip: Decorate hallways as a bit shabby.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your feedback in regards to the hotel corridors. We are working on a hotel refurbishment programme which will eventually see the corridors being refurbished, but the hotel bedrooms are main priority. I am glad to read however that you had a lovely stay with us.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

upon arrival and during the stay we found all of the staff to be very attentive and friendly without being intrusive nothing was too much for them. on the evening of our anniversay we were taken to our table there was a lovely flower and an anniversary card from all the staff, a magical thing to do it set us up for a special evening thank you all. the meal we had was fantastic, an evening to remember. our room was very clean and huge with a great view over the railway and into the hills, great, the bathroom was a great size with fantastic shower and a really big wash hand basin that was a joy to use.if you are looking for a very quiet place to stay with lots of interesting things to do all around the area the boat would be the place to stay. again many thanks to all the staff for a memorable stay.

1  Thank john w

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your experience with other travellers. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us in celebration of your anniversary.

I will certainly pass over all your thanks to the staff who helped make your stay a memorable one.

We hop to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed here as part of a deal and it was an enjoyable trip. Unfortunately I was unwell on arrival and staff were very attentive and tried to make me feel welcome and cosy which was appreciated. My husband loved the food but I was unable to eat too much. I was disappointed the chips were not real chips but looked frozen. The breakfast was delicious and if I was able I would have had the salmon as there is a great selection to choose from. I agree that the staff make this hotel a delight to stay in and they go to great efforts to ensure you are not wanting for anything. They ensure you know where everything is and even advised where I could sit and be cosy next to the fire. We asked to be moved after the first night as we were above the kitchen and we were moved to another room quickly and our luggage moved too while were out. Both rooms were decorated appropriately, linen, towels and dressing gowns were intact and clean and bath products were included. We appreciated this very much as I was still feeling ill. We would recommend this as a great location to access a variety of activities and the staff alone make it worthwhile going. I agree they could teach other hotels a thing or two about being attentive without being imposing or even just being attentive which is severely lacking in a lot of other services. It is an old building but we were expecting that as it is the character of the hotel and what makes you want to stay there and was lovely to look at the old architecture and structure of the place. The only reason I have marked down is because of the first room to be truly honest.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 109 which was a lovely room but was above the kitchen so there was some noise from below if this was addressed it would be a suitable room to stay in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Boat Hotel M, General Manager at The Boat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback, looking forward to seeing you again