The Boat Hotel
US$150
US$185
US$179
1,406 results
All reviewsgarden roomsteam railwayroll top bathtwo night staybottle of proseccoboth nightslovely hotelpatio doorsstrathspey railwayloch gartenfour poster bedboth morningsa bit tiredopen firerelaxing breakenjoyable stayfull scottish breakfast
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went up to the Boat hotel on Saturday 25th o January for a burns night with my wife and maw n paw. all I can say is what a great time we had! well worth the journey, the staff couldn't do enough for you very hard working but with a smile. entertainments manager Isobel( who was once a disco dancing champion) can fairly cut the rug (dance really well) ask her to give you a demonstration if you bump into her, brilliant!!. once again thank you, we will be back. PS the food is to die for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped off here for lunch and a pint on day 2 of a 3 day walking break, heading to Aviemore for the evening.

Soup and Sandwich was excellent - homemade and very good quality brown bread for sandwiches.

Tried the Belhaven Black stout beer - was excellent and a great alternative to Guinness.

There is a great restaurant area with amazing views and public areas were spotless. All in all appeared very charming and typical of many Scottish hotels.

Would definitely like to stay here some time, maybe when doing the full length of the Speyside Way.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Rman1
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Really loved this hotel. Rooms were nice, staff were great, and the food was excellent. Was here with wife and 2 daughters 5&7 and the walks that start and finish at the hotel are amazing. My girls walked 5 miles through the Forrest's and loved it. Nice log fires on our return. Will be going back definately.

Room Tip: Go for the delux as very nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel was a nice way to finish a winter mountaineering mini break. The previous two nights were in a local youth hostel so I thought I'd be good to myself! I'm not a proper mountaineer: I like my creature comforts.

The cost of the package (room, evening meal and breakfast) actually cost less than my SYHA bunk bed and three course meal in Aviemore on the previous night (the Old Bridge Inn if you're interested - excellent but pricey food). I couldn't quite believe it. Admittedly it was a very quiet Sunday night in January. I'd happily return in season and pay the corresponding fee.

The fixed price menu (included in my package) had half a dozen starters, mains and deserts to choose from. Wasn't quite up to Old Bridge Inn standards but I think the rest of the menu is designed to compete - looked excellent.

Lovely staff too. A special thank you to the receptionist who gave me some ibuprofen for my aching neck. I had taken a tumble on the hills earlier, it was a Sunday night and there wasn't a shop open for miles.

The classic room was spotless. There was free wifi in my room as advertised. Not huge bandwidth (maybe 3 meg) but fine for most stuff.

The breakfast menu looked great too - pity I was in a rush! I'll be having the Arbroth smokies next time. I did have time for the museli and coffee - from my own cafetière no less.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The resturaunt food is fantastic value. All the staff in the hotel are helpful and friendly.

The hotel is a little bit tatty but I love the ambiance of the old building. It is a very pleasant place to be.
Great location.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been renovated, my room was not and there was quite a big difference.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family