“Wow, what a nice restaurant”

The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar has been established in 1968 by the Crolla family. We offer an excellent range of Italian dishes, from a pizza baked in our wood-fired oven, our home-made pasta selection, steaks, chicken, veal to our wonderful fish specials. We use only the finest ingredients- many of them imported from Italy. We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of service to all, with our passionate team. Voted best place for dinner in the 2017 Midlothian food and drink awards, come give us a try - you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Ladies & Guys, if you are ever in Dalkeith and need a place for diner ?
Go to High Street in Dalkeith. This is where you find The Cavaliere.

When I entered a man with a little child, I though a guest, welcomed me.
So when I said I would like to have diner, he called for the waiter. Yes it was not a guest, it was the boss.

So my intention was to have a small diner.
Guess what, it became a 3 course meal.
I started with the melon with parma ham. Lovely.
The main course was the special of the day. Hmmm what a delicious filet ?
As a desert I wanted the profiterolles. "I am sorry, we don't have that today"
That can happen when you try as much as possible with fresh products.
So I took a tiramisu.

I enjoyed the meal. The Italian waiter was a professional. He knew his business.

Let me say again, if you are in Dalkeith, go here !

(No, I have no family, no private and no business connections with this restaurant, but it was good!)

1  Thank pa3ddg
Cavaliere D, Owner at The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review.

It was indeed myself with my small son. We are a family run restaurant, and hopefully my son will take an interest in it too, as I am very passionate about the business, as my parents passed it on to me!!

It is always to hear some nice feedback, and I have passed on your comments to our waiters and chef's.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Tony

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Regular here for many years, as such have noticed the portion sizes shrink considerably. No longer offers value for money. No joke, 6 chips served with steak???!!

Come on Tony!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Good food open late which is hard to find in Scotland. Great service all round a good place to eat. We would go back for sure.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I came here on my own for dinner and the staff made me feel very welcome. I had avocado and prawns as a starter. The avocado was perfectly ripe and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't as keen on the prawns if I'm honest.

I had an italian sausage pasta dish. They were more than happy to make it for me minus the mushrooms and again that was very enjoyable. I liked the atmosphere of the place.

My meal and soft drink came to £13 which was excellent value for money.

1  Thank claire_deen
Reviewed 23 June 2013

While tending to visit at lunch-time when there is an excellent 2 course special-this restaurant always delivers a great meal served with flair by attentive staff.