“Dont order over the phone - pick it up in person”
Review of Kebab Mahal

Kebab Mahal
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza, Turkish, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Based in Dalkeith High Street, we offer the finest tandoori cuisine and mouth watering chargrilled kebabs.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Kebab mahal has always been a firm fave for me popping in for a curry or kebab. Friday Nights Dinner however was a disaster. We ordered clearly and was told 30 mins food came about 50 mins later and they did not deliver my wifes curry, only ordering for four people. then we found they had messed the whole order up by charging us for ultra big kebab (kebab in a nan bread which we did not order, it also looked disgusting.

Phoned them up and had about 5 min argument with the guy on the phone. eventually he said he would send a fresh order which he did but not refunding us the extra they charged for our incorrect order in the first place- The real sad thing about it was the sickness and the runs i had after. Should know better than sending back an order to someone i got pretty cross with on the phone. POOR SHOW Kebab mahal. you have lost a regular customer now.

2  Thank tudan

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had nothing but bother with ordering from here. One of the first times we ordered food we were over charged by £189.00 our food came to £21 but we were charged £210.00 they refused to give us a disscount on the food to make up for their mistake. Against our better judgment we ordered a few time after that but they ALWAYS forgot part of your order. We hadn't ordered anything from here for a long time and though we'd give it one more try (why I have no idea) I placed an order via their online order system at 18.50, at 19.55 we still had no food so I gave them a call to find out if our food was on its way to be told 'yes the driver left a few mins ago it will be with you in the next 10 mins' 40 minutes after that we still hadn't got our delivery. When I rang up to find out what was going on I was lied to, I was told that the driver had called me and I had cancelled the order (this was nonsense) then I was told they actually hadn't recieved my order, I checked paypal and the payment had gone through so was told they would 'rush' my order through for me and it would be 45 mins. By this point I was livid and wanted a refund to be told that I would have to go into the shop the next again night for my refund even though I had paid online. If I wasn't so angry I would have laughed as the telephone conversation trying to resolve this was absolutely terrible. Probably some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced, which is a shame really because on the rare occasion I have actually recieved my full order the food has been good.

4  Thank MrDymond
Reviewed 3 November 2013

we have a curry from here most weekends - the food is brilliant and delivery is usually quick. Any issues are dealt with straight away. Recommend Khabli Chana for vegetarian and Butter Chicken for meat eaters.

Well deserved that this was Midlothian takeaway of the year 2012.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I get a takeaway from these guys about one to twice a month usually on a Friday after work.

Service is always friendly and efficient even though Friday PMs must be one of their busiest shifts ( I usually pop over to collect ). Their internet order service is fantastic.

1  Thank A_Zeya
Reviewed 17 September 2013

average every thing always to spicy had take away tikka masala once and it was blue and green complained and they said I could have done it then sayed used wrong coioring