“What has happened ?????” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Blacksmith's Forge
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“What has happened ?????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Not been for a while, but none of the usual staff around and a huge drop in standards. Ordered 2 coffees. 1cup had a huge chip in it, the other, no handle!!!!!!! I asked if there was no management present, only to discover the coffees had been prepared by the manager. No saucers either. No excuse. Bring back Jonathan and the Polish girl.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alison J

“Prison food ???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast . I knew it wasn't going to be fantastic but bloody hell . I could eat a scabby horse when I'm hungry . Burnt toast, rock hard eggs, sausages that only a chainsaw could get through and black pudding like hockey pucks . I wish I could comment on the bacon etc but after having my taste buds assaulted I felt it was only fair to just surrender . The manager was kind enough to give us a refund . I know it's a Wetherspoons but c'mon . They should do a version of man v's food here . Eat a breakfast within three days and not lose any teeth and win a t-shirt with a slogan saying " I should have gone for the scabby horse "

1 Thank Russell L
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“took far to long with food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

waited far to long for food when my wifes steak came it was quite burnt she ate what she could we will never go back

• Visited March 2014
Scotland
“Good value and always busy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I frequent this bar often when I visit my son and daughter in law who live nearby. Four of us enjoyed a fairly pleasant feed on a very busy Saturday night. With Wetherspoons it is what it is - decent pub grub at affordable prices normally served with efficient staff. Excellent and varied drink choices. Good place to start a night out in a busy Saturday night town.

I'll be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Went to the blacksmiths forge for a family meal. It was great value for money.The food came within 10mins and was delicious. The kids enjoyed drawing and having their pictures put up on the wall. Very friendly staff. Would recommend a visit. Noticed they run food offers most nights so can eat out more often without breaking the bank

Visited March 2014