US$106
  • Breakfast included
The Sun Inn(Dalkeith)
Fairshiels B&B(Dalkeith)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here 17 &18 aug 2012 with a large group for a wedding. We were supposed to be staying at the Queen Margaret Uni but after arriving late from an 8 hour drive on the Friday we found the room to be unsuitable & in very poor shape. We called the b&b straight away and they were extremely helpful in booking us in for two nights to join the wedding party. The rooms were of a lot better standard & a more reasonable price. The staff were very friendly and helpful & the bar was great - cheap drinks and a pool table. The rooms were basic but comfortable, we had everything we needed. The breakfast was nice - the cooked breakfast was lovely & there was toast, cereal, yogurts & fruit.

Highly recommended & in a good location. :)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank RuthMossco
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We found this place as we were in a pinch as the Madonna concert had almost all of Edinburgh at capacity. Room was dated and needed some repair but was clean, staff was nice, bartender & his associates were friendly.

The best thing about it was the fact we got to the airport the next day in about 15 minutes!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 82-Ag
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Having stayed on business in many places I am used to varying degrees of comfort. The room was ok and bed was comfy but I was expecting a little more. For breakfast they do not provide menus so you did not get to know what was included, consequently part of it was wasted. The following morning I ordered specifically. The staff are friendly although a little over enthustiastic. The attached bar was very pleasant but I had to change my choice of drink as the drink itself smelt awful. Not sure why. The hotel claims wifi but you get told its best in the coffee room so work that out. Its not the best for reliability. Parking is a nightmare and I had to leave my car a good distance away.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkPocock
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just been for a meal at The County Hotel in Dalkeith. They have a new introductory menu with 2 courses for under £10. We were VERY impressed. The presentation was 5 star, the food was top class and the staff were friendly and attentive. If you are looking for a fabulous meal at a good price this place comes highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gkfisch
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We went for a Sunday lunch and wouldn't go back again. While pleasant enough, the waitress got our drinks order wrong though she did fix it when asked. One of the member of our party had to pop out briefly and was pounced upon the minute she got into I ordered a fresh orange and lemonade and I was halfway though before discovering the glass was absolutely filthy.
The starters were ok but the main courses were below average. The lasagne was extremely greasy with far too much cheese on top and the chicken curry tasted like boiled chicken with a jar of sauce dumped over it with a mound of stodgy rice and a greasy popadom beside it. We barely ate half of our meals.
The restaurant itself was dusty and looked like it was trying to aim upmarket but it really didn't pull it off. The cheesy pop music was off putting.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family