See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Had to drive a 200 mile round trip to find out what was going on with this place. Found that the hotel is being converted to apartments and a restaurant. The people who were running the hotel left without notice and have left anyone who had rooms booked high and dry.. So if you have rooms booked forget it and any deposits paid have gone.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank Danw816301
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We book to stay here as we where going a family party near by. I informed the staff I was bringing a 3 year old child and asked for a double and single bed. On arrival the staff was rude.
She told me the room had 3 single beds and we couldn't push the beds together. She told us she would try and swap the rooms. She didn't. The restaurant and bar was closed which it didn't say on the website.
The bathroom was tiny and the toilet constantly ran, and the room was cold. Outside the room was some kind of light. But the wires where not hidden and a fire jazz are.
The fire door where on spring backs and are that heavy they are difficult to open. My partner ended up trapping her fingers in the door cause it nearly took my daughter out. The attitude of the staff was that what the fire service say we have to have it that way. Not once did they ask if she was ok. She has two broken fingers.
I would recommend you never stay here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Samuels J
Reviewed 10 February 2017

The room we were allocated, 103, was obviously, the 'poor man's room's, tiny, television didn't work, couldn't lock the window and very 70's!! Nothing like any of the photos on the website!! Couldn't swing a cat in the room or turn round in the 'green' bathroom!!

Servants quarters?!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey C
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Just had a call from my parents who are late 50s early 60s who are currently staying at this hotel. No restaurant service or bar facilities (on a Saturday night! !!!!) AND NO HEATING!!!! No explanation or apologies from staff. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner had this hotel booked for our wedding, we booked in march 2016 we paid a £500 deposit and thought everything would be ok and we would have the day we had planned, however in January 2017 I called to ask about space for a photo booth I had booked to be told they couldn't discuss my booking but would call me back!

After 24 hours no call was received so myself and my partner went to the county hotel to be greeted by a not so lovely woman named Angeline! She had a terrible attitude and was not one bit interested In Helping us with our situation! We left with the promise of a phone call to try to resolve our issue yet 3 weeks later we are still waiting for this call!

I think the attitude of the manager says a lot for a business and if Angeline continues to speak to and treat potential customers with no respect then there will be no business!!

Only given 1 star because I had to! Otherwise this would be a 0 star rating!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple