“No sleep, no consideration”
Review of The Bulls Head

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Congleton
The Bulls Head
Ranked #12 of 12 Congleton B&B and Inns
London
“No sleep, no consideration”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Room was good for the price & location, clean & shower worked well, let down by a mattress you simply sunk into.
However, when you book a room on a monday night in January & have to work the next you don't expect to be kept awake until 2am by music so loud that not only did the bed vibrate, the room resounded so much that the tv kept switching on from stand by until I pulled the power totally.
The level of shouting & guttural grunts coming from the bar led me to conclude that either neanderthal man had returned through a time warp or they were holding an open audition for the next planet of the apes movie.
Absolutely no consideration to the paying guests staying over whatsoever & I was not the only one complaining, Truly awful.

Room Tip: Dont go to the Bulls Head at all
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MooBoo2704

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at the bulls head as our friend had a party in their brilliant function room...we had a fantastic night where the staff were so accommodating even tho they were absolutely ran off their feet.
When the function was finished we went into the main bar and partied ...it was so so busy but what a night, absolutely fantastic!! Our room was clean and lovely no complaints, breakfast in the morning was so nice and needed after our night before...the staff were fantastic and the landlord was very polite. Cracking hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The room was dirty, paint flaking of the window frame and the carpet repaired with gaffer tape. The bathroom tiles and round the shower controls thick with black mould. The pub below is shabby and not very appealing. Next morning it took an hour for breakfast to arrive at our table but the chef was an artist because it must take a perverted expertise to serve burnt and raw food on the same plate. Complaints were met with total indifference I wish we had slept in the car

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bwss42

Travellers are raving about these Congleton hotels

Aylsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had intended staying here when we were visiting family and looked to book through Late Rooms, by chance I decided to contact the hotel directly and ask about the disabled room facilities as my husband had a stroke just 10 weeks ago and uses a wheelchair to get around. I was told they had had room with disabled facilities but it was on the 1 st floor so you need to be able to climb a flight of stairs as they had no lift, as my husband has very limited mobility this is out of the question, we have a stair lift at home. Needless to say we did nt book but if we had done through late rooms there' was nothing to tell us about where the room was situated. The lady I spoke was very pleasant but as I said to her a disabled facility room on the 1 st floor with no lift really isn't what it says it is and is extremely misleading

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pedlyn
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I think my partner and I stayed in the same room as Trishanneb the review below this one. And it seems as though the owners do not read Trip Advisor as we found exactly the same things when we arrived. The mirror on the wardrobe door was broken at the bottom, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were damp and discoloured. And because we had to have the windows open we could hear people outside the pub (but we had expected this so it wasn't really a problem). I personally found the bed quite uncomfortable but my partner liked it. The service was good, and the staff friendly. The breakfast seemed a little undercooked for my liking but we didn't look at the menu first so we didn't try any alternatives.

It's good value for a place so close to Alton Towers and the drive back was beautiful. Leek city centre is only twenty minutes away and has everything you need.

In Congleton, the best place to eat in my opinion would be the Maskery next door but one. The staff were fantastic and even put the cooker back on after they had stopped serving food.

Room Tip: Try not to get 104 as this is the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I changed one of the nights we needed to stay up north to visit my Father in Law and as the Travel lodge we had booked didn't have the other night free, we needed a room to stay for 2 nights at short notice. So found the Bull's Head on Late rooms for the same price as the Travel lodge.

Considering we were paying the same as the Travel Lodge I was disappointed to find a rather strange smelling pub, its decor stuck in the 70s/80s and in dire need of TLC! Our room had a broken mirror on the wardrobe door, the suspended ceiling tiles were stained and one of the side lamps didn't work. Some of the channels on the TV had no sound or couldn't be found and the noise outside from people's loud voices was a pain especially as it was hot and we had to have the windows open.

Still, in its favour, the bedding was clean, towels nicely presented, the room was cleaned and bed made super quick the next morning whilst we were having breakfast. The staff were very friendly and breakfast was huge for the price of £5 each!

I wouldn't stay again because of the tired and rather damp smelling building, for the same price the Travel lodge would have at least been modern. However I wouldn't say never if it was necessary to find something at very short notice and this is due to the friendliness of the staff, but it would have to be an absolutely necessary stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trishanneb
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

had a good stay here welcome was great break fast tremendous i would recommend
this hotel to any one the parking was easy right on site the personnel from the bar staff to the owner were very helpful and pleasant cant falt them at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends