“Very Good B&B - if that's what you're looking for”

The Alexandra Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congleton
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We booked 2 nights accommodation for my wife, daughter and myself.

The staff we friendly, the hotel and and our room were well presented, with classic furnishings, a generously sized bed with lots of cushions etc. We also enjoyed our breakfast where they volunteered that they could make hot chocolate for my wife (using the bar supplies) and provided extra toast for out toddler (who is a big fan of toast).

However I have 2 issues.

Issue #1. Call me old fashioned but I expect a hotel to have food available at times other than breakfast. Especially when the hotel bills brands itself as 'Hotel and Restaurant'. Especially when there is prominent signage outside inviting non-residents to use the restaurant. Not here however - this is B&B (admittedly very nice B&B) with a small function room available for private hire.

Issue #2. When the checking out the receptionist asked for our opinions on our visit. I pointed out the inconsistency between the branding and signage (i.e. there's a restaurant) and actual service available being B&B. A good response would have been to indicate a recent change or an oversight and the branding/signage would soon be updated. The actual response was to invite me to talk to the manager (which I declined) and to advise that all booking confirmations indicated the lack of restaurant. Well, I re-checked mine, and no it doesn't. Not a peep.

Would I go back? Yes, if I wanted somewhere to stay on a B&B basis; but I didn't on this occasion. I was looking for somewhere where I could choose to eat and that isn't here - unless you want to bring 9 friends or family and book the function room long in advance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim N
There are newer reviews for The Alexandra Court Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel situated in beautiful grounds. Receptionist Kathryn was excellent, she was very welcoming, showed us around the hotel and took us to our room. The room was beautiful and clean and the towels lovely and soft. The bed was amazing and I had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was also very good. Would recommend the hotel and would definitely go again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth I
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great hotel, and ideal location. We arrived early and staff were really helpful arranging early check in for us. Great location to lots of local attractions and really good value for money, with comfortable, well decorated room and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed for one night with our children and had in total three rooms.
Small and very comfortable and well worth the stay. The staff were talkative and friendly. My wife has difficulty with stairs (there is a lift) and we were in Room 2 which is ideal for anyone with difficulties.
As a family we had breakfast in the conservatory - great. the whole area was ideal for a break. would recommend to all

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I recently just spent the weekend here. The double room was extremely nice and comfortable with a decent sized double bed, well heated and very good reception on the TV while watching the Six Nations!
The staff were very friendly and attentive, enjoyed walking around and spent some time looking over the old books in the library.
At breakfast on both mornings, the service was wonderful and the cooked English breakfast very nice. The staff again were very attentive and and the lady serving was very good and efficient during this busy period.
While checking out the lady on the front desk was again very nice and attentive and we both left with smiles.
Our stay was extremely enjoyable and we enjoyed both the building and the view of the grounds from our room.
I have complete praise for my stay at The Alexandra Court Hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for one night whilst visiting friends. Room was spacious and nicely furnished, and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was ordinary, a bit disappointing. However overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room was worth the money.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My work colleagues and I had a lovely Christmas meal at this hotel on Friday evening. We were served by Emma and Hannah who were very friendly and efficient. We were a party of 10 and the table was set very festively. The food was well presented and of a good standard. Water was provided with the meal without having to be asked for too. We were originally a party of 12 but 2 dropped out at the last minute due to illness, we didn't have to pay for these eve though the meals had been prepared.
Overall this was a very good meal with good service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would most definitely go there again. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank June H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congleton
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Crewe
Hollin Hall Hotel
Hollin Hall Hotel
#5 of 8 in Macclesfield

Been to The Alexandra Court Hotel? Share your experiences!