“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congleton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Lovely”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the Alexander Court Hotel in June 2014. We found the Hotel very lovely with no complaints. The room (front) was large, clean and comfortable. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is a good location, on the direct route from the M6 motorway. This is the second time that I have stayed at this location, the staff are very friendly and the breakfast is excellent with a reasonable variety. There was not tea in the room but that is a very minor issue. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean1966squash
England
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here from Thursday 24 July to Monday 28 July while visiting relatives. On arrival we were informed the hotel was full, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday does not start until 8.30 as we needed to leave fairly quickly we arrived at that time. The weather was lovely so sat in garden, tables not properly laid, we then waited 40 minutes for our cooked breakfast. The menu states all food cooked to order but not everyone can afford the 40 minutes wait. If that busy either more gas rings or more staff or commence breakfast earlier when busy, waited as long on Sunday wanted another coffee but percolator has run out surely the staff should have noticed this and put new one on before the other one finished, also no milk so gave up.

Room Tip: Room 14 has a bath some only a shower, however it is rather dark take an adaptor as not many socket...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lesleymargaret
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is in a good location and staff and owners are friendly. Rooms are clean.
There are disappointing things 1)you can Hear people in other rooms and if there were guests that are noisy you well not sleep. 2) the wifi was not working but this was not a big issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WRamsis
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed overnight with my friend who was getting married the next day. The cons first I think :
Room 10 was small with a bit of a weird layout really, the single wardrobe was placed in the middle of the window wall with a small drop leaf writing desk against the wall in the corner, this strange arrangment means that the telly which is tucked on top of the desk is only visible from the far side of the bed and most importantly there is no dressing table! One mirror was so high I couldn't see in it being only 5' 4'' and the other was so poorly lit I could barely see. I therefore had to do my makeup with a freestanding mirror borrowed from my friends room on the windowsill ! If the single wardrobe was in the corner of the room then a dressing table could be included and a decent mirror with a good light. The pillows were a bit too high and solid with two but too low with one and so I used two of the cushions from the bed under one of the bed pillows, a selection of pillows in different densities might be nice and I suppose I should have asked really, I'm sure they would have been obliging. My friends room had a great dressing table and mirror but again poorly lit for applying makeup.
The bathroom is tiny, the sink was so small I could not fit the kettle in to fill it, had to use the cup to fill it from the tap, the shower was small, ok if your size 10 but I'm not!! You had to turn it on once in because the bi-fold door shuts against the controls when open. Hotel is virtually straight off the roundabout so watch out for the entrance.

The pros: the room & bathroom was spotless, the bed comfortable, the view of the garden is lovely and the decor in the whole hotel is classy with a little quirkiness that is lovely. We were greeted warmly by a lovely lady who helped us to take our bags to the lift and helped us to our rooms with them. My friends room (4) was gorgeous, in fact her bathroom was nearly as big as my room! We went out for a meal but realised afterwards that we could have booked all 14 of our party in for a meal in one of the lovely dining rooms. When we arrived back we fancied a liquer coffee and they rushed out to get us some cream which was above and beyond the call of duty at 10.45 at night. Breakfast was good in a lovely room, well cooked and tasty and plenty of it. Again the lady on reception was lovely and said to let them know if we needed anything when I checked out and moved to my friends room to help her get ready. We spoke at length with the lady owner who was a delight, helpful and very friendly. Over all a lovely venue that I would happily stay in again, would certainly get married there as you can book out the whole 15 rooms, I would just stay in a bigger room than room 10

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the garden and I would think quieter, but 10 was small. Friends room was...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A charming small hotel with a real old-world feel. Sat nav took me very close but be careful - mine wasn't entirely accurate. I had the smallest room in the house but it was perfectly adequate although the en-suite would be a tight fit for anyoine who's significantly overweight. Breakfast looked good but I didn't eat because I was on a budget and I hadn't noticed that breakfast wasn't included in the price. Other people using Booking.com have had the same problem. Some potential issues with room ten: going to sleep, an annoying hum (sounded like an old freezer) was overcome by ear plugs and the wall between mine and the next room was very thin; I could almost join in their conversation. If they had been having a row or or becoming enthusiastically (ahem) intimate...

Room Tip: Perhaps not room 10
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Tampere
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Easy access, ample parking space on the grounds. Rooms are stylish and comfortably sized; modern shower in the bathroom and bathrobes. No minibar, but a real bar beside the lobby. Our 3-night stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congleton
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
#1 of 9 in Crewe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,104 reviews
De Vere Cranage Estate
The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms

Been to The Alexandra Court Hotel? Share your experiences!