“Hidden gem in Congleton park, a great independent business!”

Stock at the Pavillion
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Congleton
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Stock at The Pavilion is an eclectic cafe bar in the heart of award winning Congleton Park. We open for lunch, but also stay open for specials on a Friday evening. Our roast dinners are highly recommended and we hire our beautiful venue out for weddings, birthdays and all special occasions.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I visited Stock at the Pavillion yesterday with some of my family and my 2 children (3 years old and 12 weeks old) and wow what a surprise to find this place in Congleton park. The food was really good. The staff were lovely and friendly and they went above and beyond looking after us. Sometimes when you eat out with such a young baby it can be difficult, but I must say they made us all feel so welcome, and I breast fed my baby in comfort in Stock. We will be back again for sure. Stock is the ideal place for any new mums meeting up too. Definitely worth driving out of your way to pay a visit. Thank you for a great lunch!

Date of visit: April 2017
Lisa W, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us - we are delighted you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Lisa x

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Eaten once in the Stock and attempted to book for sunday dinner 2 other times only to find that staff failed to come back to me with availability for WEEKS, leaving me chasing and chasing without any luck. At the time we ate there service was very slow and food ok but not outstanding.
It appears to be ran as a bit of a hobby rather than serious business and definitely not the number 1 restaurant in Congleton. The place has very limited opening times and often shut for private functions. We will not return as made us feel unwelcome and unwanted.

Date of visit: October 2016
5  Thank Girl36
Lisa W, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Hi Girl36,
Thanks for your review. What I personally find strange is why you felt the need to take down your original review of a 2 which was completely attacking everything about us from food, to our good reviews, the business model and then removing the near slanderous parts and replacing it with this review and giving us a 1.

I think we are feeling their may be some other intent behind your review, which of course for any business on trip advisor is impossible to manage since we don’t know your circumstances so how do we defend ourselves.

What is a huge shame is we go out of our way to be great at customer service. Of course we don’t get everything right every time but we strive to and that will remain the same.

Sometimes people do have to wait for us to contact them back due to the sheer volume of people wanting to book, I apologise if you were waiting, however, that is testament to the fact we certainly do not run the business as a hobby.

Regarding service being slow, everything is cooked from scratch so there may be a wait. Sorry too you felt the food was not outstanding, that of course is completely your prerogative – we cannot please everyone.

If you feel I am being unfair in thinking this is not a fair or true reflection of us please do feel free
to contact me on 07855 010780 and discuss your concerns, I will be more than happy to help you and move forward.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

When we are visiting the park we sometimes pop in here for a coffee/ drink. They serve food but as
dogs are allowed in it puts me of wanting to eat here. I like dogs but don't want them around my feet if I'm eating! There's quite a few steps to get into the place so not very good if you have a disability.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Blueho
Lisa W, Manager at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Hi Blueho,

Thank you for your review - we are very happy that you do visit us here for a coffee and a drink. I do think that if you have not eaten here it is wholly unfair to give us a 2 star rating. If this is based on dogs being allowed or the disabled access this is also a bit unfair.

We are in a park and our policy is we are dog friendly - the two go hand in hand.

Secondly it's a huge shame that you did not look around outside when you have visited as there is a disabled access ramp to the left of the building, together with disabled parking and a disabled toilet. Generally people who need disabled access always call ahead and we make every effort to ensure everyone is made comfortable. We even have calls to ensure the residents from the local care home can sit in the window seats comfortably to look at the flowers and they are all needing disabled facilities.

thanks again for your review

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We visited here for my sisters 65th birthday. It was booked at short notice and Lisa and the team made it really special. The food was amazing, a traditional Sunday roast. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Debbie H
Lisa W, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Hi Debbie H,

thanks so much for the review - we are delighted you and your family enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

It was the 2nd time I've been here. The first was for brunch which was lovely, but this time it was Sunday lunch and it was amazing!! I didn't want it to end.
Perfectly cooked with a jug of extra gravy and a side of veg.
The service was great and good value at £10.95. If you go I would recommend you book!

Hi Rachel T

thank you for taking the time to review us - we are delighted you enjoyed your Brunch and Sunday Roast - we look forward to seeing you again soon