All reviews honeymoon suite four poster bed wedding venue the main hotel sunday roast lovely building afternoon tea open fire roll top bath north yorkshire biscuits stayed here for one night an evening meal town centre following morning warm welcome a lovely stay
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Last minute booking here. Staff upgraded us to a superior room. Beautiful room with an amazing luxurious bathroom. All staff extremely helpful and cheerful made our stay a pleasure - we will be back soon.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anu B, Owner at The Old Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your positive feedback.

Hope to see you soon

Warm Regards

Anu

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Greeted by happy reception staff. Very friendly and smartly dressed. Shown to my room which was very nicely decorated and spacious. Fantastic value for money. Went down to the bar for dinner and again was greeted by friendly staff. Food was very good and again good value for money. It's a breath of fresh air to stay in a hotel that does what he says on the tin. Big well done to the team at the old lodge.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2017

What a lovely hotel and our room was gorgeous. The grounds and garden were beautiful with lots of parking. The evening meal and breakfast was excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful. With only a short walk into Malton.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I stay here when working in Malton. The staff are lovely, always very helpful and friendly.
On my last visit I was disappointed that there was no longer complimentary water in the room however I was given a large bottle of tap water to take upstairs after mentioning it at dinner.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

First let me start with the positives! The building itself is absolutely lovely. Beautiful garden, easy to find and lots of parking. The staff were mostly welcoming and helpful and the chef was accommodating of my coeliac and lactose intolerance and made me a lovely cooked breakfast.
We stayed in room 2, a room which looks amazing when you first walk in and is really big. However on closer inspection I wasn't really impressed at all. It was probably my own fault but as we had booked through booking.com rather than direct through the website, we were expecting to see a freestanding roll top bath as that's what the picture had shown. However, despite the fact that the bathroom is massive, the bath was ridiculously small and dated. I'm 5 foot 6 and 9 stone so I like to think I don't take up too much room, but I was cramped in that bath. It's smaller than my average sized one at home so I was really disappointed! However, I didn't want to make a fuss so didn't complain as accepted this was my fault for not booking direct.
The other issues weren't major, but still annoying. There is a large window overlooking the garden which would be a lovely view, if it wasn't for the fact that they have stuck the TV right in front of it which blocks the view. The toilet sits right next to a large unfrosted window, meaning you have to pull the large heavy curtain on every time you need to use it which then means you are basically sitting against the curtain when you use the toilet. The carpet had stains/burns on it, and no matter how hard we looked we couldn't find the DVD player anywhere?! Noise from other guests wasn't great either but upon checking the website it does tell you which rooms are noisier.
Not really major problems but the rooms are not cheap, and as we paid extra for a 'superior' room I really don't think the room was worthy of that title. It looks lovely when you first enter but fails to live up to expectations. I can't comment on the other rooms of course, only the one we stayed in. Overall a lovely building, beautiful views but sadly we won't be returning due to the standard of the rooms.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple