Cross Keys B&B
  • Breakfast included
Lastingham Grange(Lastingham)
US$293
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdrying roomyorkshire wolds waypacked lunchthe pubnice bunchexcellent home cooked foodboot storestayed herewelcoming landlordb bfull englishexcellent hostsgood nights sleepone night staythixendalestevewalkers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Unfortunately I booked a room for a colleague of mine to stay here.
I was made to feel ridiculous for wanting to put a single person into a double room when I booked this over the phone. I consider this standard in any accommodation I've booked for anyone. I was questioned about my reasoning's, and why I'd ever want to do this and made to feel like like a fool. I should have reconsidered booking the stay, but the location was so close to where my colleague had to work. In the end, I hear that although he was the ONLY person to stay in the B&B that night, he was put in the twin room anyway.
I also hear that he was late for breakfast by 5 minutes and also made to feel like he'd slept in and kept the breakfast on hold for a few hours. Overall, I believe he found his stay here very awkward and unsettling. I hope the level of customer service improves for future travellers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KillerBella
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed for one night in May 2013 whilst walking the Wolds Way.
Excellent clean accommodation, we were made very welcome by Steve.
The pun has a good range of well kept real ales, and a very good eveneing meal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My Girlfriend treated me to a lovely stay at the Cross Keys for my Birthday, the owners Steve and Mary are great people and upon arriving Steve showed us to our beautiful room and then kindly took the trouble to recommend us a great circular walk around the area which helped to get our appetites up .
Had a great rump Steak and the GF had scampi then onto sticky toffee puddings , was all delicious as was the beer and wine ...!
Had a great nights sleep then couldnt wait for my breakfast after reading some of the reviews , it was as good as they said and so filling that ive only had a pastie in nearby york since eating breakfast nearly 11 hours ago.!
If your looking for a place to stay to enjoy the Yorkshire Wolds then you will not find a better and more friendly place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Damian66six
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I had a family event that we came up from Bedfordshire to attend. Our nephew. who lives in Thixendale,recommended The Cross Keys and booked us in. What a great choice he made for us. We were welcomed by Steve who showed us to our very comfy room. We came back really tired out from a long day with our nephews family and friends and went straight to bed.We both slept really well and came down for breakfast in the cosy bar and were greeted by Steve and Mary, who served us with an absolutely splendid "Full English" and we mean "full". If you are in the area, we would recommend this B&B. Great location, very friendly and excellent food and let us not forget, the price was fair too!! Many Thanks, Alan and Carol

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here two nights whilst walking this section of The Wolds Way in a heatwave. What a brilliant place to stay - full of character, spotlessly clean, idyllic location. There is nothing to fault. Once you get used to the host's dry wit, you realise you are being looked after with the closest attention to detail - he was a delight. The rooms were great, the beer was great, and the food was superb - particularly the effort that was made to cater for quite fastidious vegetarians! I would recommend The Cross Keys to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends