“Lots of rides for my toddler”
Review of Flamingo Land ltd

Flamingo Land ltd
Ranked #6 of 24 things to do in Malton
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Although Flamingo Land is looking a little tired and many of the staff look like they rather be somewhere else. I thought it was a great day out. Having recently been to Chessington where my son of 2ys just wasn't tall enough, the required height being 90cms/110cms for many of the rides and he is under 90 by a good number. I have to say I was impressed by the amount of rides my he could go on. Generally, if he was under the height restriction he had to have an adult accompany him, so he got to go on many more adventurous rides.
It is expensive £27 for me but my son was free, so it balances out. We went out of school holidays and there was absolutely no queues!

5  Thank bee1001
Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"value for money"
in 137 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Had another great day out at Flamingo Land, and despite it being expensive to get in, I feel there is a lot to keep you occupied for a full day. The rides are great, especially for younger children, my little girl is 6, but we also enjoyed the zoo part. We saw the seal show, watched the meerkats being fed, and particularly liked the walk through park with the wallabies and flamingos. Also worth a watch are the dancers who perform throughout the day, they were excellent, and against the backdrop of the giraffes, we felt like we were in Africa!
Food is so so, but what more do you expect? Costa coffee is prob the best option, and hot dogs on the go were fine.

1  Thank cherie0
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have been going to Flamingoland for a holiday for 15 years now, we first started to go camping then in a touring caravan then started to hire a caravan but this year we decided to hire a log cabin, it may be a bit more expensive but for a family of six it was not bad at all it was lovely. We like to go in low season as the park is a lot less busy and you dont have to quee for the rides, the only difference is that park closes around 4 oclock but you still get 6 hours in there and lots of time to do everything.

The log cabins are beutiful, they have 3 bedrooms, 1 on-suite.bath, ( take extra pillows with you as you only get 1 each )shower, large sitting area, leather suite, flat screen tv with freeview and dvd player, dinning area, large kitchen with full size fridge freezer, also washing machine, all cabins have balconies with bench table and chairs. very peaceful, at log cabins all wildlife running around, ie-rabbits, squirells, birds, allthough when it starts to get dark you get a lot of dragon flies so keep your windows closed on an evening, also some large spiders. Log cabins are not far from all of the attractions, 5 mins from the swimming baths and gymnasium, 5 mins from the shops and park.

The theme park and zoo is really good, the rides are brilliant for all ages, a lot to choose from, its getting better every year . Lots of places to eat if you want to prices are not too bad, or plenty of picnic areas.( the chinese on site delicious, not too bad priced really )

The zoo is excellent, lots and lots of animals, lovely childrens farm. When looking around take notice of the animal talk times as this is when the times some of the animals get fed, and it is amazing to watch, especially the tigers. This is a must, try to do the night time safari, they do this on a sunday and a wednesday, evening but dont leave it too late because places go fast, when the park closes you go around the zoo with the zoo keeper and get to look up close to the animals, you get to stroke a rhinoserous ( amazing ) we got to feed the sealions, giraffes and also the hippos, absolutley amazing brilliant, the price is £10.00 p p under 3 free, well worth doing.you learn lots about the animals, its very educational.

We had a brilliant holiday, cant wait to go back.

1  Thank SunderlandMrsp
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Ive just returned from here today. I went with my mum, her boyfriend, my fiance and young son.
We arrived after a couple of hours travelling to be greeted by a very pleasent man who booked us in, this was quite quick and he was very informative and cheery. We took our tourer caravan.Some of the plots were close together. I can imagine in season that all tents and tourers would be in close range. If you had noisy neighbours, it might be a problem. The toliet facillities were reasonable. The disabled toilets were covered in daddy long legs though.
The entertainment was quite good, especially the re-take that performance and michael jackson look a like. There was also a good variety of arcade games.
The theme park was excellent, especially rides such as kumali, munbo jumbo and velocity. They are deffo worth a try. The zoo was very nice also. Very cute and lots of kids areas.Good parrot show aswell.
We went swimming on the last day which was fun. The slide was great and the many pools were excellent. We even went in the jacuzzi.
Sadly, there were a few bad points. The disabled toilet as mentioned before, also the costcutter shop shuts at 6, which i think is early. This was out of season so im not sure if it shuts in season at this time. Also, the bouncers on the doors were quite cocky with us. We went in for the night entertainment and had forgot we had left a can of coke in the bottom of the pram. The bouncers pounced on us accusing us of trying to smuggle it in when we had innocently forgot. we told them it was a ten minute walk back to our caravan so they suggested that they would mind it for us there. However they said they couldnt garuntee that it would be there at the end of the night ...odd...So we put it in my mums car that was parked 5 mins away but on our return they stopped us agen and riffled through our pram and bags. In the process of looking under the pram and lifting up the back, the bouncer trapped our 8month old babies hand, which upset him.

3  Thank Jezza_Bella123
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Just got back from my first ever visit to Flamingo Land. The place is perfect if you have children - we dont but we still had a fantastic time. Check in was quick and smooth, given an armband to keep on whilst you are there so they know you are a guest and can access all of the rides and the zoo.
My friend and myself did The Penguin Encounter where we got to feed the penguins!! It was brilliant and the lady who accompanied us was really interesting and informative. The rest of the zoo is fantastic, we got up close with the Meercats, Ive never been to a zoo where the animals are all so close, obviously the dangerous ones are behind glass but the whole way it is designed is brilliant.
The rides at the theme park were great and because we have visited at the end of the season it was really quiet with very little queuing.
The camping facilities are fine - it was my first experience of camping and I thought it would be much more basic but we had an electrical hook up which made life so much easier!
Now that Ive been there I wouldnt particularly rush back but for a cheap, fun weekend away its perfect!

3  Thank MissT1981